firefox is rubbish??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makaveli213 said:
Okay apparently you dont read the report. Firefox has had more vulnerabilties the IE lately. Sorry to tell you but IE as of late is better to use than the Fox.

If you are running IE7Beta 3 then no. You couldnt jsut install the Fox and it would still be better. Cause even IE7B3 has RSS built right in. Fox doesnt. IE7B3 is quicker. Sorry to say it but the Fox does depend on the Extensions. That is the only reason why people use it. Everyone here has already said it. Not one person who uses the Fox uses it without them. So no matter what anyone says Firefox does depend on them. Cause without them it wouldnt even be on the net being talked about. People would be talking about Opera and Avant.

that was 1 report

I can show 4-5 people that say different. pcworld just did a test that show that IE had something 83 vulnerabilities and FF 10. IE is junk. I personally don't like opera. there is no particular reason why. I just don't . a lot of people feel exactly the same way.

IE will always has more holes than any other browser due to ms insistence on tracking your activities

I like Firefox; but it only seems to work on AMD's.

My friends P4 and my Celeron seem to run slowly and malfunction on it, while my parents AMD laptop and AMD desktop seem to run fast and flawless on it. All four computers are similar in specs.

EricB said:
that was 1 report

I can show 4-5 people that say different. pcworld just did a test that show that IE had something 83 vulnerabilities and FF 10. IE is junk. I personally don't like opera. there is no particular reason why. I just don't . a lot of people feel exactly the same way.

IE will always has more holes than any other browser due to ms insistence on tracking your activities

No it wasnt just 1 report. Even all the news feeds have shown that there are more vulnerabilties that are affecting Firefox more than IE.

Plus your are thinking of IE6. IE6 is dead. IE7 may only be in beta but it is only a matter of a few months before 7 is final and out there. It should be about the same time Firefox releases Firefox 2. So at that time all the "holes" that IE has wont matter since not all of them affect IE7. In fact less than 12 have been found to affect the Beta. A Major step in improvement. Even you have to admit that.

That is why everyone is so against IE. They keep thinking that M# wants to track you. Hello doesnt Firefox keep cookies? Ohh wait arent those used to trace your steps on the internet? So couldnt one then say that Firefox is doing the same thing?

I knwo this arguement. I have seen and heard it before. As i have siad each person will pick their browser no matter what anyone says. Heck over 80% of the population still use IE. No you cant say that over 80% of the people are stupid for their choice. Why cause they dont choose to follow in the Firefox religion?

In the end no matter what is said on this matter we all will do what we choose. Some choose IE since it comes pre-installed. Some choose the Fox cause of it customization. Some Choose Opera for the security. No matter the choice it is all personal preference. What is good for one person is not always good for another. Just cause i like Opera doesnt mean everyone else will. Just cause everyone else likes Firefox doesnt mean i will.

Everyone can find a article or 1,000 that says 1 browser is better then the rest. Heck they are all written by someone who either wants web site hits or they are a fanboy. Either that or they are geting their pockets lined. For whatever reason there are thousands of articles out that saying that one browser is better than another. Google can find them all probably too...

it wasa IE7 in the report. pc world wrote the article. I just can't find it at the moment. when I 1st join this forum 2 year ago, IE had 97% of the market. now it's 80% according to you. what does that tell you? I remeber people on this forum claiming ff was going to die. it don't look like it

if you think that ms has stop their tracking. you've got a lot to learn. the new thing with vista, although it isn't fully implemented yet is, they are going to come into your computer and check it. if they find pirated programs like ms office, they will delete it and whatever else that they want. they are waiting for the law to pass before they really get started (and it look like it will) and it is then going to be on. that's the real reason vista is taking up so much space on your hard drive. please don't ask me to find the link talking about this. somebody post it here a couple of months ago

right now if I update my MCE with all of the windows updates or if I use vista, if I download a torrent within it, I can't open the nfo file with notepad and I can't extract the torrent. now I can copy those files to a non windows updated computer, I can extract them, read the nfo files and copy the extracted files back to the other computer and they will work then. the windows updated computer will let you use all of the torrent files that I had prior to doing the update

a lot of cracks don't work in vista either

If I use my vcom recovery commander to restore my computer to an earlier time before the the updates (which i did), my problem is fixed.

wmp 11 (in xp or vista) can detect a divx or avi file that you download after wmp 11 was install and it won't let you play it. but you can play previous divx or avi files on your computer.

ms tracking is going to take a turn for the worst. then someday a hacker is going to exploit it and it going to be bad for the world as we rely on computers too much these days

I'm sure the community supported version of Firefox Deer Park x64 1.6a doesn't share some of the same security threats as the official x86.

Makaveli213 said:

That is why everyone is so against IE. They keep thinking that M# wants to track you. Hello doesnt Firefox keep cookies? Ohh wait arent those used to trace your steps on the internet? So couldnt one then say that Firefox is doing the same thing?

Hello, did you read my post
"It doesn't store all your URLs & search engine queries & cookies in multiple sytem locked and hidden DAT files that do not clear whan you instruct the broweser to remove history etc.."

I'm not taking about cookies and history etc i'm taking about the index.dat files that record all the same information permanently and cannot be deleted or edited without extra ordinary measures.

Personnaly I don't like firefox, I don't like the way it looks, and I find it fairly unstable. Also alot of the extensions are buggy and incompatible with each other.
I used deepnet explorer for along time, its tabbed browsing is much better than firefox's and it has builting anti phishing etc, none the less I found it conciderably less secure then firefox based purely on experiance.
I can't comment on IE7 because i've never used it, personally I try to avoid beta soft, saves headaches. i'll reevaluate my position when IE7 is gold and has been at the mercy of hackers for a few months.

Outlook is a problem too, I really like the program but once again microshaft have hidden files containg every email you've ever sent or received AND all attachments.. bloatware and massive privacy risk.

I like alot of micro$ofts software I just don't like what they do with it, activation for example.

I like that site...makes perfect sense. Everyone jumps all over a new product that is so called "secure" and "spyware free"...********...This just proves it. There are thousands of issues with FF, its just that the hackers havent found them yet because its not the mainstream browser...how many times we gotta go over this......

NvidiaDude said:
Mozilla is good how can you say it aint! it has much safer browsing than any other and new tabbed browsing which is cool

Okay you are lost. No Offense but if you thing Firefox is the safest browser then you never heard of Opera or Safari. Neither one of them have had nearly 1/4 of the news about flaws as firefox. Safari has had even less than Opera. Tabbed browsing was in Opera long before it was in Firefox. Opera has been around for over 10 years. Firefox has ben around for less than 5. Opera didnt even invent Tabbed browsing so dont think i am saying that. If i am not mistaken Netscape had it before Opera did.

Eric i do know what you are saying. Same as your Mr.Coffee. But you also have ot realize that Firefox can be tracked just as easily as IE. I have personally done it. Just as i have traced IE tracks. they are easy and simple to trace.

Plain and simple Eric i dont know what you are talking about with the ISO thing. I have a fully ipdated system and i work with ISO's all the time. Not 1 single problem. I even did download 5456 from torrent to see if there was a difference from the official release and i was able to manipulate the ISO easily. Why is it you cant? Maybe cause they know you have a porated version?

Yes if you dont pass the WGA then you will have problems with the OS. But even with me passing and removing the WGA i have not had 1 single problem doing anything wiht XP Pro. Vista is the same way. I can do whatever i want within it.

So please dont try to ply that whole They are watching us game. You are the ones feeding that. **** even Apple has got a monitor comeing out that can record what you do as you are doing it. Are they watching us now too?

As Warez said how many times do we have to go over this. Everytime someone even says that Firefox sucks all you fanboys jump over them like Pirana's. But if you guys say IE or something else sucks we aer just supposed to take it. Meh. Who cares. Each browser serve's a purpose for each person. Heck even i use Firefox for somethings. Get over it. It isnt the best out there. The best is what each person makes it.

Each browser serve's a purpose for each person.... The best is what each person makes it.

That basically suns up the whole arguement. It all boils down to personal choice, as one browser may work better on sme machines than on others.

Let's cut the attacks, people. I really don't want to lock or delete this thread over stupitity, OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom