Hard Drive Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Basically i have this in my build
6800gs
pentium 4 @ 3.5
2x256 value ram (going to be 4x256 value ram soon)
Xfi Music Edition

Hard Drives:
80gb SATA
80gb ATA
Cd Burner/player (ATA)

I have had lots a problems.

Ok first... everything was fine.. everything was hooked up and then all the sudden it stops working.. right after i try to put in an old DVD player.

First it showed only the C: Drive (80gb Sata) + D: Drive (Cd Player)

I tryed to make the E drive get recognised... then when i started switching them around, only the C drive was recognised. no cdplayer

QUESTIONS!!!
I know the jumpers on the back are wat show slave and master... but which is which? (on the cord)

There is a jumper that says soemthing about Sata and ata compatability.. should i put them in that formation?

If u had any guesses as to wat could b wrong, it would b really appreciated :)

OMG... i just looked into the problem and it seems as tho everything is hooked up... its just that one of my hard drives THINKS its a Floppy Disk!

How is that possible..

4 example, when i go into my computer i see Floppy Cdrom And My OTHER hard drive.... but i dont have a floppy drive so one of my Hard drives thinks its a floppy!

When Hard-Drives Get Minds of Their Own!
Screenplay by Gerry.

Hard-Drive Child: Mommy, I wanna be a floppy drive when I grow up to be 7200RPM's!

Parent: How dare you, Willis! *resounding slap*

Gerry_W said:
When Hard-Drives Get Minds of Their Own!
Screenplay by Gerry.

Hard-Drive Child: Mommy, I wanna be a floppy drive when I grow up to be 7200RPM's!

Parent: How dare you, Willis! *resounding slap*

LOL

as the big brother 10,000 RPM hard drive

Big Hard Drive Brother: I just got a call, big brother SCSI 15,000 RPm just lost his job...looks like were gonna get evicted...

Parent: Your joking.... *Slaps Joe*

What drive is showing up? If the ATA hard drive is, and the SATA isn't then there should be something in your BIOS that will allow it to be used. My motherboard mentions something about SATA compatiblity and I set it to IDE, rather than RAID.

If the SATA is showing up, and the ATA isn't, I would mess around with the jumpers and try switching the channels. Try making the CD and HD on seperate channels. HD on the primary, and CD on secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom