Pink Linux Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you get the Nvidia-legacy drivers installed, search the Ubuntu forums for XGL, here are many how-to's on there.

Here's the picture I'm using for the "one picture" gallery thread. I can't wait to scrapbook these computer building photos...
pinksupergirlcomputer06.jpg

and here's a screenshot for my Kubuntu desktop on my new machine. I was pleasantly surprised when I pressed print screen and a little box popped up, allowing me to save the screenshot as a png!

desktop01sm.png

I just used a pink fading pattern on the panel. I was quite pleased with how configurable it is.

Haha, I like the theme. Yep, Linux just makes sense. Press print screen, window pops up "How do you want me to save this?"

None of that opening MS Paint and pasting adventure.

****, and I already got my finace a ring too.... oh well.....
j/k :D

Very well done case (for a feminine user). I remember back a few years ago, I wanted to paint my Beige supermegaserverwow tower with like 8 5.25" external bays.... Don't ask, this was the first case I bought for a PIII, and I figured, 'Hey, I might need them some day".... ended up being for to roll around on the case with the wheels on it.... ANWAYS, in preparing to paint it, I was talking with a friend, and he suggested TRYING to remove the Beige color BEFORE doing primer.... all I have to say is that BEIGE material is NOT from this planet.... The mis-adventures of me & a belt sander... OMG, I WISH I had that on video.....

Took case outside, and it was completly apart... front panel was off, doors off, ready to go... So, I put the belt sander down on one of the case doors, and went to plug it into extension cord. I then went into the garage and plugged in the extension cord, to IMMEDIATLY hear a strange noise.... turns out it was switched ON alread, and it flung the door a few feet across the driveway, and the belt sander took off for the house... OMG... it truly was a site... I think I was about 14 at the time.. lol... SO ANYWAYS.... I begin sanding, and sanding, and sanding........ I think I tore through about 3 belts on the sander (NEVER heard the end of that one...) and the beige was hardly coming off at all... I got it down to bare metal in some spots, but not in others... .some spots were visalby worn down more than others, and you could SEE how uneven it was... WORST CASE MOD EVAR!!!!

I actually STILL have the case in my public storage locker, and when I clean it out this month, I will HAVE to take some pics of it... the bare metal spots rusted, and the case looks like TOTAL poop now... maybe I could beat the tar out of it and have it be some sort of 'contemporary art case'....

sorry to steal the thread Shannon... but NICE work on that case...
(Question for you... if you have a boyfriend, I bet he is like "are you gonna do computer crap again??" lol... I know thats how my fiance is.. she hates PC's, except her laptop I got her for internet & email... lol.. Go figure I guess.)

No, actually my boyfriend is a video game programmer who was happy to watch me put my computer together, and actually took all the pictures with me in them. Actually, I think it was some kind of turn-on.

The only problem with working with hardware and the case alot in a short period of time is that I need my nails redone...

This is indeed a great paiting job[you've got the talent alright ^^], but..... the poor computer... its.. its.. its pink :( and... and you get my point, its pink!!.. that just oppose all the rules of nature o.o...

Me and my friend are declaring a national mourning day.

May this Linux box R.I.P. - Amen.

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom