Should I wait for the Conroe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say wait. You don't necessarily have to get a Conroe. However, there is a possiblity of Conroe being amazing. I would be kicking myself later if I bought a system and then 3 weeks later, I realize if I had waited I could have gotten a much better system. (Or a cheaper one with the same performance.)

I've pretty much finalised the fact that I will wait. Took all of my mental strength -- I'm just so sick of my amd2500 and t-42 gfx card. It's so tiring....

AnthraX you are exactly right -- I will end up kicking myself 3 weeks down the road.

how angry would it make you if you found out that due to limitations you could only get our hands on one january next year?

deaduar3 said:
how angry would it make you if you found out that due to limitations you could only get our hands on one january next year?
then just go with a nicely discounted amd ftw. thats what im planning on doing :D

LIVE IN THE NOW!! lol.. you could be dead tomorrow.. fingers crossed that you won't be.. but it's possible... buses are big and scary and love to hunt people down. Buy a sweet 939 system asap, haha... you won't regret it when your owning it up and everyone else is sitting and waiting for their conroe or am2 setups to drop in price.. and even when they do.. who cares!! There are guys on here that have AMD 64 3000's or 3200's and they have no problems.. Just buy a dual core, if you really wanna just wait than that's understandable.. some people have more patience than others. Either way.. get an AMD dual core man, you won't regret it.

dave, I don't intend on getting the conroe ASAP. I'm looking for the price drops in the amd dual core, And -- I want to know what boards are compatible with the conroe, this way can choose a mobo and 2 or so years down the road upgrade to the 'new' conroe. I have a decent amount of patience, especially when it comes to spending $1300 on a new computer

hey man.. i feel ya there.. i just spent $2500 two weeks ago:( lol.. but its all good because my system is really upgradable if i ever need it.. but that wont be for like 3 years, haha.. its a gaming monster and that is what i wanted... once you get something good than you dont have to worry about upgrading anytime soon... conroe might be cool tho.. there is certainly lots of hype about it. Do what u feel is best man.. its ure money and noone elses, but make sure that even if you buy something now and something new comes out a week later that u dont feel bad.. because you know that ure stuff is tried and tested true.. not new a possibly buggy or whatever.. plus computers go out of date within months.. so its not like we can ever really get ahead of the game:confused:

Wait, at least to see what happens. Like I said previously. If you don't wait, you'll be kicking yourself later.

"No regrets"- That's what I always say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom