firefox is rubbish??

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I read most of it, I use firefox for 1 thing EXTENSIONS! IE7 less of memory hog and opera is faster but too me firefox has so many features.

Also do i really care about all that market share nonsense? nope, Its just personal preference I know many people love opera or IE just go with what suits your needs and you find comfortable.

yeah i agree, but these features you find so helpful some of them "search bars" when you use them you are giving mozilla money. to some people thats important but to me meh let em i liek their product

There are always naysayers.

I use FF because I have been able to set it up like I want it.

Every browser can be set up. Opera you can write extensions for jsut like Firefox. There are some available thru their forums. but not many people know of this.

Same this with skins. Opera has them available. But not many people know of them. Just like Firefox.

The only browser that doesnt give these type of options is IE. That is only cause M$ has made it so difficult to do tis type of stuff with their product.

I prefer Opera since i was able to set it up and the RSS fedd built right is a great feature. No extensions for it.

Other than that i dont like Firefox because of its dependency on extensions. I dont like having to lookd thru 1400 extensions to find the 1 i want that will do what i need.

No matter what anyone says or does everyone will argue this till the end fo time. Each of us have our own preferences. Opera 9 passes the Acid 2. Firefox has yet to. they are working on it with Firefox 3 and they have gotten a couple of nightly builds to work and pass it but they are still far off on the release of that version.

So if you want a browser that follows the Acid 2 standard then Opera 9 is your best bet unless you use Safari.

Firefox is good because:

Extensions - unlimited functionallity

Its not IE - less prone to malware etc

Its not IE - It doesn't store all your URLs & search engine queries & cookies in multiple sytem locked and hidden DAT files that do not clear whan you instruct the broweser to remove history etc..

Makaveli213 said:
Other than that i dont like Firefox because of its dependency on extensions. I dont like having to lookd thru 1400 extensions to find the 1 i want that will do what i need.
firefox doesn't depend on extensions. you can install it and leave it as is, and it will still be better than IE

MrCoffee said:
Firefox is good because:

Extensions - unlimited functionallity

Its not IE - less prone to malware etc

Its not IE - It doesn't store all your URLs & search engine queries & cookies in multiple sytem locked and hidden DAT files that do not clear whan you instruct the broweser to remove history etc..

Okay apparently you dont read the report. Firefox has had more vulnerabilties the IE lately. Sorry to tell you but IE as of late is better to use than the Fox.

apokalipse said:
firefox doesn't depend on extensions. you can install it and leave it as is, and it will still be better than IE

If you are running IE7Beta 3 then no. You couldnt jsut install the Fox and it would still be better. Cause even IE7B3 has RSS built right in. Fox doesnt. IE7B3 is quicker. Sorry to say it but the Fox does depend on the Extensions. That is the only reason why people use it. Everyone here has already said it. Not one person who uses the Fox uses it without them. So no matter what anyone says Firefox does depend on them. Cause without them it wouldnt even be on the net being talked about. People would be talking about Opera and Avant.

I did read the report, but I don't care what it says.

I'm telling you from personal experience. firefox has always been faster and more secure than IE for me. and I'm running firefox without extensions right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom