Possible prob with Netgear Ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawlingdead

Solid State Member
Hello guys, and thanks in advance for any advice or help given. I have 3 comps, all running WinXP Home Edition that are connected to a Netgear EN 104tp Ethernet Hub with a Motorola SB4220 Surfboard cable modem. I don't think it's properly setup because the 3 computers dont all see each other. When looking at workgroup computers, Comp 1 sees Comp 3 but not 2, Comp 2 sees 1 but not 3, and Comp 3 sees both 1 and 2. Since no data is usually shared between the computers it's not a big deal that they don't see each other. My main problem is uploading. I can download just fine... all day long if I want to without trouble. But whenever I send someone a file between 1-10 minutes later the send stops, the internet is out on all computers, and I have to unplug and replug in the modem to get the net back. I send at a regular speed for my connection, about 30k/s but no matter what the connection always dies when I send someone a file. The lights on the front of the modem don't change much when the connection dies; Power, Recieve, Send, and Online all stay solid green like it does when it's working, and the Activity button shuts off (since there's no more activity) I don't know if this is related to the problem, but whenever I do send data between the 3 computers it sends PHENOMENALLY quick. It will send at 25-30k like normal for a minute or two, but when the internet connection dies it bumps up to literally almost a meg a second, usually between 700-990 k/s I included a pic for reference... I only blacked out the names and filenames included.

All 3 computers have the latest XP updates. I've sent files with mIRC, AIM, and a few others and I lose the net within minutes of starting a send no matter what I use. It always comes back no problem when I replug it in, but I shouldn't have to send people files in 10 minute incriments. Can anyone offer a solution???

Attachments

• moto_bile.gif
    29.2 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom