Hmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they would probably notice the hammer thing..... The static thing might work, just get a good amount of static going and touch the processor or something. Im sure if overheating is covered under warrenty then you could just accidently take off the heatsink and fan for an hour and run 3DMark2003... :D

In all actuallity i believe opening the case would also void the warranty, but if you can do it with out them finding out.......then HMMMM.

I'm not sure how my friend's friend did it. I can't find out either, since my friend is no longer friends with him lol.

I'm gonna try the static idea and if that fails then I'm gonna take off the heatsink and cpu fan and run it at full load for a while as ThirtySixBelow suggested.

I dont think opening the case voids the warranty since i've added 256MB more RAM to it, and then taken it to Best Buy cause the CDRW went bad. It had a 8x4x32 CDRW stock and it broke so the dude there [He was real cool] popped in a Plexwriter Premium [52x oh yeah lol]

But yeah i'm gonna do something to get a new proc. [3.4EE, I wish lol]

Just Unplug the power to the CPU fan, Ya don't need to remove the whole Heatsink. It shouldn't take more than a second or 2. Disable the sensor in the bios though if your Mobo supports CPU overheating & the automatic shutdown feature.;)

buy a "shock pen" off ebay. Its meant to be a gag that when you click the pen it sends ~30 volts through your body but it will work to own a processor too. While your at it, touch a few circuits on the printed board and ram(Unless you feel like keeping the stick :) )

Oh yeah and I heard bestbuy stopped carrying pocket pcs because people were breaking them for upgrades. You might expect them to invetigate thoroughly.

would short to much. may think it a spike, or storm. many places wont cover that. but if you stop the fan, then it will 'naturally' over heat. gateway, dell and places like that dont cover 'acts of god' but am not sure about where you got it from. fan, safest bet.

lmao, ya, poor poor mobo, u dont think they could tell it was a micro if the board was half melted tho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom