Pink Linux Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new kernel 2.6.17 has built-in support for lots of new wireless cards, my guess is that since Linksys is a popular brand, most or all of their chipsets are supported.

The wireless card is a linksys dual band - something with a 5 in it, I think.

plugging in the power
normal_IMG_1375.JPG

IDE cable
normal_IMG_1382.JPG

plugging stuff in
normal_IMG_1383.JPG

turning on the power!
normal_IMG_1393.JPG

You should really paint the rest of the cd-rom pink too, it looks kinda out of place w/o it pink. Other than that really nice job, it would look amazing with a window+pink cathodes.

The rest of the DVD drive is the same light pink as the S. It even opens and closes and, like, works and everything.

Here I am with the finished box
normal_IMG_1396.JPG

normal_IMG_1397.JPG

normal_IMG_1398.JPG

what's wrong with my handbag? If anyone would like to buy me a new purse, I would be totally okay with it, of course. ;)

Okay, so I have successfully installed Kubuntu onto my new box. I was going to use SUSE but after some people suggested that I not use SUSE, I reconsidered and did a little more research, and decided on Kubuntu, which is ubuntu but with KDE. I booted with System Rescue CD first to wipe the drive because it was my younger sister's old drive and who knows what could be on there. Then I had no problem installing Kubuntu with the dvd I burned from the iso. It looks so pretty! I named the computer Comet, the name of Supergirl's horse.

I set the new box up to use a KVM so it's working fine sharing the keyboard and monitor with my Windows box, but I did have some trouble with the mouse, so I just have two different mice plugged in for now, and I'll look into that later.

Now, it seems, is the challenging part! I am working through the documentation and wikis and things to learn about the OS so that I can, like, install things and do things with it.

Ubuntu (and all offshoots like Kubuntu, Xubuntu) have very very good documentation on their wikis.

I'd recommend downloading and installing a package called 'automatix'. Since Ubuntu distro does not ship with anything that isn't strictly open source, you cannot watch MPEGs or listen to MP3s or anything without installing them separately. 'Automatix' doesn this, as well as install a ton of other things that most Windows users are so used to, like Java, etc.

Good luck with it.

i dont think anythings wrong with the handbag some girls can pull it off. what would be sweet would be to cut out the edges of the S on the side and put acrylic their and a CC light behind it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom