Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
p2107_Lambda_5way_me*

Anyone have any idea what it is? I have a feeling it is a good 'un. 20,000 frames.

As a reminder, anyone folding for TF can add a special box to their sig (look at mine) in addition to what is normally allowed on TF.

What about signatures?

As you may know, Folding@Home has a specific image script you can display in your signature that shows your Folding@Home statistics. You may also be aware that our forum has rather strict signature rules (read), however, we are pleased to announce that members who participate in Folding@Home for our team are permitted to keep their existing abiding signature as well as the Folding image script.

For further reading, please refer to this

If anyone needs help with setting their's up, PM me and I'll give you a hand.

i had one that was 50000 frames half way thru i get an error

since then i have reformatted and changed cpus so i am trying this again but i realized somethong if you have alot of frames it takes like 13 seconds a frame but the core i have now is 500 frames but each frame takes 6 min

yah well guess what i swapped my cpus and the wpa advantage thhing cam up and i cant log on i will have to format :(

Ok all... I have folding installed on my rig, and I am currently set to fold for SFF Tech, but I haven't done any in months... I will change it up to Tech-Forums, and let it rip... It has no problems completing units in 1-1.5 days... Also, I have a few other PC's that I can set up to do folding on... I have an old PC at my parents house that has been doing folding for months, and completed like 3 WU's... lol.

I will let you know when I am all set up, it might not be until the weekend, cause I got like 122392846789346 things to do before tomorrow, then a wedding rehersal on Friday for a friend, & wedding & reception on Saturday... busy times.!

Ok, I have 1 PC up and running, and since I HARDLY ever use it (at home) it will be running Folding practically 24x7... SLIGHTLY OC'd it to 2.36 Ghz as seen in my sig... first WU should be good to go on 07/08/2006... WOOT!

I will have to stop by the parents house tomorrow after work, and change the team number on the POS running in their basement... get an extra core.... P3 @ 1Ghz, but still and extra core.. :p

Hmmm... I have a problem. Folding is making my PC unstable. :( If I do anything other than internet my PC will hang for a while and if I'm in a game it will not a manual shut down. :(

Folding does max out your CPU, but it defers to anything else you have running or start up. I always turn Folding off when I game, though.

What do you have in your system, Trifid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom