2GB of RAM situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnthraX said:
Dual channel needs pairs.

Do some reading....dual channel needs match pairs of RAM sticks. It depends on the config for the manufacturer. Most current DC mobos have color coded slots. Intel boards generally require the sticks to be cross slotted (one stick in each matched paired slot in the same realtive postiion). you can run dual channel with 2 or 4 sticks to the limit of, generally if the mobo has 4 slots, 4gigs max.

Microsoft_Boy said:
if i have two identical 256 sticks and one 512 and another 256 can I run dual channel with the identical sticks
No.

When you install 2GB of 512 sticks doesn't it automatically underclock the ram to DDR333?

RicoDirenzo said:
Do some reading....dual channel needs match pairs of RAM sticks. It depends on the config for the manufacturer. Most current DC mobos have color coded slots. Intel boards generally require the sticks to be cross slotted (one stick in each matched paired slot in the same realtive postiion). you can run dual channel with 2 or 4 sticks to the limit of, generally if the mobo has 4 slots, 4gigs max.

do some reading? you basically jsut explained what he just said.

once again, LATENCY DOES NOT HAVE A SIGNIFICANT OR NOTICABLE IMPACT ON FREAKING BANDWIDTH FOR THE LAST TIME...but yes, they should be forced to disable command per clock

gaara said:
once again, LATENCY DOES NOT HAVE A SIGNIFICANT OR NOTICABLE IMPACT ON FREAKING BANDWIDTH FOR THE LAST TIME...but yes, they should be forced to disable command per clock

Wow, don't get your panties in a bunch :p

GOD I HATE READING IN ALL CAPS! IT REALLY PI**ES ME OFF WHEN I HAVE TO!!!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom