Ati to Nvidia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItHurtz

Baseband Member
I have a crappy x300 right now. Was looking at maybe a 7300. If i want to change from a ati card to a nvidia what exactly do i have to do? Is it just as easy as taking the ati card out and putting in the nvidia and installing drivers?

uhh well if your gaming you can throw that Idea out. 7300 is suckage.

people need to understand that its not really the first digit that counts but the second.

6600 GT
x1600 PRO

7900 GTX
X1900XTX

but yeah any ways yeah it is that simple :)

But yeah there are better cards out there

uninstall ati drivers though Device manager - right click "my computer", properties, hardware tab, device manager, display adapters, right click, uninstall.

shut down,
remove card
instert new
start up
install drivers

Like CntdwnToExtn said but don't forget to go to add/remove programs and remove all ATI/Catalyst software first. And It might be a good idea to use a driver cleaner before restarting.

Free driver cleaner

This is just so if you have any issue's you can be 100% sure the drivers are install properly.

What motherboard do you have? Just wondering because there was an x300 chipset that was an onboard graphics as well.

To fully get rid of it, not really fully but better then just unisntalling the drivesr and using a drive remover, Just reformat :D :classic:

Low end gaming

6600GT
X1600pro

Mid

7600GT
X1800XT

Mid-high

7900GT
X1900XT

Then the

7900GTX
X1900XTX

:classic:

I meant to type a 7600 im looking at or maybe a 1600. 7600 is probably better tho huh?

FlashDude
What motherboard do you have? Just wondering because there was an x300 chipset that was an onboard graphics as well.
I have opened my case up it's the x300 card in pci-e slot, but my motherboard does have onboard graphics. 915g or e(i forget) is the chipset i have.

PZEROFGH
To fully get rid of it, not really fully but better then just unisntalling the drivesr and using a drive remover, Just reformat
reformat? never done it but heard it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom