1M SuperPi sub 10 seconds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
that's what I want to know.

They are actually connected to the evil pengiuns organization, which is plotting to take over the world one day, so they made contacts in intel to get leaks of their cpu's!

lol, just kidding

but its probably half true, those people just have connections with intels [possibly one of them is a friend of an engineer or something] and they get the engineers samples..... as simple as that o_O;

-Jo

Yoad said:
i'm not a fan of superpi i think its meaningless

It's definitely not meaningless. It's a good standardized "test" that people can use to see how quick their computer is. Using superpi to 1M (one million digits of pi calculated), everyone can then stack their scores against other people.

To the average user, yes Superpi is meaningless, but to overclockers who want to say "i have the fastest computer," it's very useful. Some would say essential.

The General said:
Uhh.. That's not a quad-core Kentsfield, its a Conroe Core 2 Extreme X6800...

Either way, crazy fast.

it is a quad core kentsfield, if u check the previous thread made about coolaler i think in off topic or high end pcs, he shows off his quad core kentsfield. its just that CPU-Z doesnt recognize it or something like that.

john3 said:
it is a quad core kentsfield, if u check the previous thread made about coolaler i think in off topic or high end pcs, he shows off his quad core kentsfield. its just that CPU-Z doesnt recognize it or something like that.
No, its a Conroe, stated right in the specs:

CPU FIntel Core 2 Duo Conroe X6800 4mb cache BOX
Coolaler does have a Kentsfield, but that is not what he used for this run.

Also, if you look at CPU-z, it does not read the name of the CPU correctly, but it will show the code name correctly as "Kentsfield." In the WR run above, it also clearly shows the code name as Conroe.

oh then i mixed them up sorry guys, but thats even more amazing a dual core is sub 10 seconds, not a quad core. wow.

SuperPi only runs off one core anyway, so having 4 cores would be pointless, in superpi.

joshd said:
wow... that took a while. i thought the current conroes would manage it... clearly not.

It DID.

John3 needs to edit the first post to be correct and not said quad-core Kentsfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom