no display!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fidelitycrisis

Solid State Member
Help! No Display!

i need some help...

i am trying to install a video card that the computer wasnt picking up
and i disabled the onboard display...and now i cant see my computer. it gets to the windows start screen then goes blank!

how can i restore the display and enable it?

Unplug your computer, remove the battery from your motherboard and let it sit for a few seconds. Replace the battery, plug it back up, and give 'er a go.

same here

Hi,
I have got same kind of problem here. Recently I brought a new LCD flast monitor to add to my excitement of working. But the monitor worked for 3-4 days with my preveous disply card. I have N-Vidia XFX 5600 display card with 128 mb ram on it.
Well, the problem started the very next day.When I want to boot up my pc, it just showed me the windows start screen and then went off, the monitor says no cable connection or check your display cable.But I have connected correctly.Now, when I boot up to safe mode, everything works fine.I uninstalled the display driver provided by my display card.Now my Pc boots up ok but without any display driver. :( :(
I am not sure whats going on here.But once I install hte driver, it goes off. I am on windows XP and UBUNTU linux.My linux boots up without any problem. :(
Please help. I think its the display driver confusing Windows.

Re: same here

saumya said:
Hi,
I have got same kind of problem here. Recently I brought a new LCD flast monitor to add to my excitement of working. But the monitor worked for 3-4 days with my preveous disply card. I have N-Vidia XFX 5600 display card with 128 mb ram on it.
Well, the problem started the very next day.When I want to boot up my pc, it just showed me the windows start screen and then went off, the monitor says no cable connection or check your display cable.But I have connected correctly.Now, when I boot up to safe mode, everything works fine.I uninstalled the display driver provided by my display card.Now my Pc boots up ok but without any display driver. :( :(
I am not sure whats going on here.But once I install hte driver, it goes off. I am on windows XP and UBUNTU linux.My linux boots up without any problem. :(
Please help. I think its the display driver confusing Windows.

Don't Hijack other peoples Threads, Start your own.

fidelitycrisis: Do as Trotter suggested, then make sure the the New Video card Is seated Correctly, Make sure that if it needs a molex connector, that it is connected.

boot into safe mode and remove the drivers that you installed then install the latest drivers for your onboard graphics. or just do a system restore to before you installed the new card.

If you are seeing the windows screen you were able to go into the bios and turn the onboard back on right?

Edit - ok I think I know what you did. You didn't go into the bios and disable the onboard you just removed the drivers from device manager. So don't worry about pulling the batery you didn't change anything in the bios. So like I said above boot into safe mode.

it wont let me load up in safe mode...

it lists a bunch of things that look like this..

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\Mup.sys

then it stops at Mup.sys

and now, instead of stopping at the windows load screen, it stops at a screen right after it that says "setup is being restarted" and freezes there.

Do you have your windows XP Disc, If So Boot off of it, Go as if you were installing the OS, it will detect a previous installation, then Hit R which tells it to run a repair.

NOT THE RECOVERY CONSOLE.

yea i was just doing that now.

i went to BIOS and changed the boot and booted off the XP disc.

its installing right now

so hopfully this works

alright! ive got the display back up

but i cant find the drivers for my graphics card

GeForce MX4000 AGP 128MB

does anyone have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom