Issue With CPU Clock Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenTeaBagger

In Runtime
I haven't OC'ed my Pentium D Smithfeild 805 yet but I'm a bit concerned with a weird statistic being displayed in BIOS/POST screen (It's the one with "america megatrend with the red triangle logo thingy") The screen displays my CPU as being 2.8GHZ but CPU-Z says its 2.66 GHZ. I'm a bit confused. Past experiences tell me to believe the screen and not CPU-Z. Should I be concerned or has it been OC'ed it without my knowledge =P.

Thanks.

I don't know why it's displaying 2.8GHz when it's actually supposed to run at 2.66GHz. It's ok to overclock though.

OK now CPU-Z is displaying 2.8 GHZ but...I Haven't done anything to overclock...kinda weird. Anyone know why it became 2.8 without me doing anything to it?

None that a know of but i did have this Asus program called AI booster...had some overclocking options but i didn't do anything with it really...I dunno if that has something to do with it but I uninstalled earlier...eh I guess its good that it's been overclocked already. I didn't have to do a THING!

Yea that's an auto overclocking program. After you uninstalled it, is your CPU reading 2.66GHz?

I should be modifying these?
It's a Pentium D 805 from that toms hardware article. I read about overclocking but I'm kinda scared to do it because of the "might damage processor" warnings. I'm not a rich person just got the new comp cause of my outstanding grades =p. Will modifying these harm my computer? Maybe i should just leave it be. All I've noticed really are a bit hotter Idle temps at around 43-47 Celcius.

Edit: My Multiplier is x 20.0
FSB is 140.3
CPU Speed is 2806.3
My Memory is DDR2 Corsair 2x 512Mb 4.0-4-4-12<----(Not shure if I even did this right kinda new to this stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom