no display

Status
Not open for further replies.

saumya

Baseband Member
Hi as suggested I started it again in its own thread,
I have got same kind of problem here. Recently I brought a new LCD flast monitor to add to my excitement of working. But the monitor worked for 3-4 days with my preveous disply card. I have N-Vidia XFX 5600 display card with 128 mb ram on it.
Well, the problem started the very next day.When I want to boot up my pc, it just showed me the windows start screen and then went off, the monitor says no cable connection or check your display cable.But I have connected correctly.Now, when I boot up to safe mode, everything works fine.I uninstalled the display driver provided by my display card.Now my Pc boots up ok but without any display driver.
I am not sure whats going on here.But once I install hte driver, it goes off. I am on windows XP and UBUNTU linux.My linux boots up without any problem.
Please help. I think its the display driver confusing Windows.

yeah.But there is no download there now.I think they stopped supporting the hardware.I am afraid, is there a problem with my new monitor?!!

saumya said:
yeah.But there is no download there now.I think they stopped supporting the hardware.I am afraid, is there a problem with my new monitor?!!

Of course your device is still supported...:p ! Nvidia release ForceWare drivers for it's graphics cards, which is simply one driver package download, compatible with a wide range of Nvidia graphics cards...incuding yours :D.

To download your graphics driver, visit: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp and click Graphics Driver in the first list, then click GeForce and TNT2 in the second box, then click the Operating System Windows XP / 2000.

Thank you so much. I did not know that.So one driver now for all (all most all) ok.

but still, I would like to ask that whethere my monitor has to do something about my display problem?!! I hope not because it still displays my linux properly, but need some expert advice.

As far as i'm aware it isn't possible for a monitor to cause a problem with a display driver.

Also, word of advice to anyone reading, so far as nvidia are concerned you will always be better off with the official Nvidia driver but occasionally the manufacturer will recommend a version if they're aware of any particular issues with their card. Always worth checking out.

thanks a lot. Actually, I was asking that whether my monitor supports that resolution or not?I was thinking that mymonitor may not support the resolution I was trying to put, so may be the problem.But I think I am wrong, because on my linux boot up everything is fine.Its the windows only and that to suddenly it started behaving this way.It was working fine for at lest 7 days.

I have tried the stuff suggested by you people.
I removed the battery and place it again after sometime.
When I boot my machine back, now its refusing to boot even. !!
It does not show anything in screen neither it passes back the red light. The red light of my CPU lights up and there it is.I can not go any where from there !!
Whats the next step here.I do not know what to do now.What might be causing problem ?
thank you

you should unistalled your video drivers in safe mode. then reinstall your regular driver in regular mode and set the resolution to 1024 x 768. go to adavance mode and check the do not dispaly resolutions that this monitor can't handle. you had set your resolution too high in the first place

Thanks for the reply.I had tried all of them and they were aorking.But now Its not booting up only.I cannot see the boot, system hangs before booting up only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom