Big Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikePB3

In Runtime
My friends computer was really messed up so i formatted and then did a reinstall and itt was working great but then i went to install service pack 2. During the instalation the power went out then went back on and windows started to repair itself until it went out for good. i brought the modem back here and tried to boot uo but it says that the file system32\drivers\ntfs.sys and it said to boot up to the cd. i didn;t have their windows xp home cd so i put in mine (don't know if thats a difference) and tried to boot up. one booted up i would hit r to repair but it doesnt get that far. it says stop:pc0000221Unknown Hard Error\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll
Someone please explain so i can get this up and running
Thanks

reformat and start over. there must be a bunch of files corrupted, so it wont save you much time trying to repartee all the files that didnt get fully copied

That is your best option. If you try and repair all the files thru the recovery system you will see that it will end up taking longer than jsut formatting and reinstalling.

I agree with kfc469. Reformat and start over it will probably save you more time than trying to repair the files and will probably save you from some other problems in the future with other errors.

Is that cause you dont have one or it just wont allow it anymore?

Either way you will need to have the CD to repair all the files thru the Recovery Console. whcih you will need to boot form CD with to get to anyways. So basically you will have to figure out what got messed up when the PC shutdown mid upgrade so you can start sorting the issue out.

it says that the file system32\drivers\ntfs.sys and it said to boot up to the cd. i didn;t have their windows xp home cd so i put in mine (don't know if thats a difference) and tried to boot up. one booted up i would hit r to repair but it doesnt get that far. it says stop:pc0000221Unknown Hard Error\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom