Dual-Boot Configuration Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-tek

Baseband Member
Currently im running Xp Media Center on a 250 gig harddrive, and as part of my MCDST training, ive recieved a free software copy of Windows Professional to work on and train on, its only a 2 month trial...i was wondering if i could install it on my current harddrive if i could create two partions or do i need to get another HD...thanks

To make another partition use a application called Partition Magic.

But in all honesty MCE will do just fine. MCE is just XP Pro with the Media Center addition. Take that away and it is just XP Pro. So why bother going thru all the trouble of installing a new OS when you already have it installed?

Oh i did not know that..learn something new everything day...but the MCDST training involves changing operation system files and messing with the settings....and i personally do not want to mess with my MCE...but thanks for all the information

okay then my next suggestion will be to do this.

Make a image of your drive using either Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost. That way no matter what changes you make they can all be undone.

Just put the image you made back on after you make the changes.

But if that really isnt an option then your best bet is to use PM and make a partition for yourself to install the demo of XP for yourself to destroy. Then when the class is over you can just format the partition and use PM to put it back the way it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom