Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

massacreinfallx

Fully Optimized
Core speed is the speed at which the GPU operates. Memory speed is the speed of the GRAM. Its basically the same idea as the CPU and RAM speeds.
Newegg is being a b1tch so I cant look at the cards, but you want to look at the # of pixel pipes too. A 500MHz card with 4 pipes would be worse than a 350MHz card with 16 pipes.

out of the two you should go with the 7600GT, but make sure its the right bus type, which one do u have on ur motherboard? AGP or PCI e? download Everest Home Edition, and it will tell u if u dont know, and then make sure it corresponds with the GPU u buy. and yes wat he said above is true, check the pixel pipes, but in this case the 7600GT is just better than the 6800.

Depends if you have agp or pci-e. For agp there is the Nvidia 6800xt, Ati x800 series (I like gto) and Nivida 7800gs (Most popular it seems). On pci-e, it seems best bang for your buck is 7900gt by evga (around 230 with rebate I think).

It seems Everest is not available for download anymore. Been like this for some weeks, maybe months now. Hmmm, wonder why. Try Sandra or cpu-z to find out your motherbaord and then look to see if it has agp or pci-e, or even both.

Pepsiboy700 said:
Depends if you have agp or pci-e. For agp there is the Nvidia 6800xt, Ati x800 series (I like gto) and Nivida 7800gs (Most popular it seems). On pci-e, it seems best bang for your buck is 7900gt by evga (around 230 with rebate I think).

It seems Everest is not available for download anymore. Been like this for some weeks, maybe months now. Hmmm, wonder why. Try Sandra or cpu-z to find out your motherbaord and then look to see if it has agp or pci-e, or even both.

Chances of it being both: 0.00000000000001%, lol. How many hybrid boards are there, anyway??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom