Some Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

brfc

Solid State Member
hi

i have a bogstandard computer with 2.8ghz and 192mb ram and to put it frankly its well slow so :

i want to be able to play my favourite game very fastly which is football manager 2006 and also for me to be able to play football manager 2007 as fast

so what can i do ??????????????????

ps i can play fm 2006 now but its painfully slow

Ok well first things first, what the **** is a bogstandard??? lol. Anyway ummm, well you could easily do with a lot more ram. Get atleast 1GB. Graphics card upgrade is also in order. What kind of slot do you have on your motherboard? PCI, AGP, or PCI-e?

bogstandard means basic

and where can i find out if my commi is PCI, AGP, or PCI-e

Click on display on the side then GPU. You'll find it here:
18214484494.jpg

Definately get new/more RAM. I'm not familiar with the football manager games, but I'm sure a gig should be fine. A gig of corsair valueselect should be more than enough.

Could you give us an idea of what kind of graphics card you have, because that could also be affecting it, but I think the RAM is the problem.

RAM and/or the lack of a video card (using onboard video).

As Vybuni said, a gig would do you good. Two would be the cat's pajamas ;)

If you're running on onboard graphics, any graphics card on the market will be a great improvement. Depending on your graphics slot (PCI, AGP, PCIE) you will be able to (hopefully) improve your games' performance.

the requirments for fm 2006 are
Recommended PC
Win XP SP2, 2.0GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, 8x CD ROM
and i would think 2007 requirements would be much the same and i just dnt want the game 2 run faster i want the whole pc to run faster and fm 2006 is very basic theres no 3d graphics involved just stats and a 2d match engine
so i would think a graphics card isnt neccesary

brfc said:
Win XP SP2, 2.0GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, 8x CD ROM

The RAM is clearly one problem. Even though the game isn't graphics heavy, you would be better off getting a cheap video card (like an Nvidia 6200 or something) The reason why is because if you have onboard/integrated video "cards," they use up system resources. The integrated video uses up system RAM, so you actually have more like 160 MB or so of RAM.

My suggestion is to pick up a gig of RAM and a cheap video card, and you should see much better performance.

You should at least START with getting more ram. Depending on what else you use the PC for, I would say start with an upgrade to 512MB of RAM.. I have read that XP ITSELF can hog close to 256MB of RAM, I would hate to see it run on 256MB even....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom