windowns reinstall-video card problem-ram problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fidelitycrisis

Solid State Member
i had been trying to put in new ram in my computer, but everysingle time i put a new stick in it would go to a boot from cd screen and not go further. thats another problem in it self

so i reinstalled windows XP. when it reinstalled it isnt regonizing my graphix card. I have a GeForce MX4000. The monitor is plugged into it and the monitor works, but the screen is all choppy whenever i scroll and it wont let me open up any games.

what could be wrong with my computer for it to not let me use any kind of ram. ive tried probly three different sticks which are all the same type as the stick thats originally in there (PC2700 184 DDR)

Re:

Hello,

With the 'boot from cd screen and not go further' problem after you put a new RAM module in your PC, you probably only needed to change the boot order of storage devices in your BIOS setting, or cleared your CMOS chip of the BIOS, and not reformat the system. Though, I wouldn't of thought re-installing the OS would have fixed the problem.

Anways, about your display being all choppy...because you've reformated and installed a fresh copy of Windows XP your system doesn't have the drivers installed your your specific hardware, which includes your Graphics Card. Windows XP is currently using the generic display drivers.

To fix the problem, simply go to http://www.nvidia.com and download the forceware display drivers for your GeForce MX4000 Graphics Card. Once you've installed the drivers, go to display settings and set your monitor's refresh rate and resolution to the optimal settings.

You should also download and install the latest chipset drivers from the vendors website and audio drivers for your soundcard (if you have a PCI soundcard). If you have onboard audio, audio drivers are usually included with the chipset drivers for your motherboard.

how exactlly do i clear the CMOS chip of the BIOS?

and i downloaded the drivers for the video card and it still doesnt recognize the card. i downloaded the program Everest that shows everything on my computer, and it sees that the video card is there but the computer does not. do i have to disable the windows generic drivers first?

i changed the boot order to harddisk cdrom and none instead of floppy harddisk and cdrom and it leads me to the screen where it said Boot From CD and keeps me their still...just doesnt say boot from cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom