AMD or Intel? Or what I must do to waste my little money

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamu

Beta member
Hi there, this is my first post. Im a here cause a question I cant solve by myself. Im wondering what to buy if AMD or Intel, I-ve checked out the X2 duals and the amazing (it seems to be,,,)P4 @3.2 and more. But in all the information...brainwashing adds and the bla, bla,bla of the salesman I cant do the right choice. Lets see if you say in a sentence what to buy if a P4 at 3Ghz at least or a AMDX2 or something else based in the amd_64@2Ghz, what do you choose?
take in count in not a gaming, not in oficce I want to my career, programming in several languages. I spent the most of my time in bash and from time on time in the web, music, some vid,bla,bla. |I want soemthing that can solve the codeline I put to avoid to do my calculations at hand (Im a little lazy men =). but at the same way something can manag a song/ heavy vid or edit an image.

thanks for any comments and sugestions.

What's your native language?

As for the processors; Neither. The Pentium 4 3.2Ghz is a giant piece of crap, and the Athlon 64 X2s are not worth the money right now.

Wait for Intel's Conroe processor. That's bound to put to shame anything else on the market. Just don't buy anything right now, not before July 23rd. AMD is going to drop the prices on the X2s, so buying it now is just tossing money away.

Besides, the Athlon 64 X2 is a Dual Core and the P4 3.2Ghz is a single core, so there's no comparison. The A64 X2 3800+ is twice as good anyway.

Thanks

Thanks for the comment Ill keep on count
Im spanish , Im speaking so bad? Like Tarzan maybe? jeje

I just noted the Vader quote, and thinking back Im on the dark side a long time ago..jeje.
Thanks a lot again for your comments, Infomatic.

and Like the emperor say...Unlimited power!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom