More memory to intel graphicscard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epzzky

Beta member
Hello, i have an hp pavilion dv4020ea with the Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset and i wonder if there is anyway to get the driver to give more memory to the graphicscard.

Maximum graphicsmemory is 128 mb but the driver only gives the graphicscard 36 mb when i play wow.

The graphicsmemory is shared with the main memory.

//Andreas

There should be a setting in the bios to up the video (shared) memory, But it will take that ram directly from the available system memory and If you only have 256 or even 512 it might not be a good Idea. The board should take what it thinks is best so you might have to add more ram.

Re:

Hello,

Have you tried going into your BIOS yet?

Graphics memory allocation can usually be configured in your BIOS.

*EDIT*....above lol...:p

Ok, isn't there any software or system setting that can make the driver give more memory to the graphicscard ?

i can only change the maximum graphics limit in bios, i can't change how much memory the driver gives to the graphics memory.

epzzky said:
Ok, isn't there any software or system setting that can make the driver give more memory to the graphicscard ?

No

i can only change the maximum graphics limit in bios,

Yes,

Why don't you want to change it in the bios? How much ram do you have?

i have 512 mb ram, i don't wanna change the maximum memory limit, i wanna get more memory to the graphicscard cause when i play games the graphicscard only get 36 mb memory and i wanna have more when i play :)

You can't have it both way's if you alocate more ram to video it takes it away from your system memory, sorry that's just the way it is.

Just boot into the bios and change it, It's no big deal.

yes i know that, i wanna allocate more memory to the graphicscard. but i can't change that in bios. i can only change the maximum grapchics memory limit in bios, and that is 128 mb. the graphicscard allocates the memory that is needed to for example play wow, but it only allocates 36 mb from the main memory, and i want it to allocate more because it doesn't run smooth when i play :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom