hurricanes

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,
I am new here.
I have a strange problem... My Pc Configuration is
p4 2.8 HT
intel 865gbf Motheboard
80 Gb HDD, 1 Gb Ram

My system was working fine for an Year and then suddenly dont know what happened but it is giving me a lot of trouble these days.. The first problem is My system suddenly hangs . It completely freezes and even ctrl+alt+del dosent work, I have to poweroff and on again, i tried changing the powersupply, I checked the RAM, checked the hdd for errors, spyware ... but still the problem persists . Is there anything I missed checking ??? I am starting to belive motherboard could be the problem ??? ANy Ideas ???

Also there is an other problem My system dosent start even after i switch on the power button, strangely the fans are running but monitor will not wake up. This happens to me a couple of times during the day.. Starting the system has become an headache for me ...and if chance my pc starts .. the first problem attacks .. but once the system becomes stable it works fine until I shutdown it....

what could be the problem ??
pls help me

try running memtest86+
in windows, type "sfc /scannow" (you'll need the XP disk) to make sure Windows isn't at fault.
also, try replacing the CMOS battery

I dont think CMOS battery could be the problem, bcos if CMOS could be the problem then i would have got an error message at the start. but yes i got that problem when my PC was displaying the message like "thermal overheat and to service the unit right away". I solved that problem by replacing the Heat sink compound with Artic silver compound and it simply rocks. I no longer get a thermal overheat message.

hmm Since you suggest running memtest i will do that.. but what really puts me in a fix is my second problem. Please can u give me any idea on that ... i am using Onboard graphics ( intel xtreme graphics 2).
I am planning to buy xfx 6800xt 256mb graphic card (agp 8x) but I put that on hold now. Until i clear this problem I will not buy it.

clear the cmos and see if it clears up. Sounds like a messed up bios to me. Flash your board with the latest bios file. And start saving your money for a new motherboard.

Okay I don't understand much of what you have been really talking about, but my gfs computer did the same and it was some form of a virus. Nothing related to hardware at all.

hey guys, At last i figured out what the problem. The culprit is the Motherboard, also there is a problem with one of my ram slots.. I fixed that anyway..
thank you for your suggestions.

Hi Hurricanes,

I am glad to hear that you fixed your problem, i have the same problem, can you share your experience by telling me what excatly you have fixed on the motherboard.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom