is building a rig tough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo_99

Daemon Poster
hi, i've been looking at building a new computer for a while now and after reading some of the bad reviews for motherboards i'm starting to wonder how tough building a rig is.

i from my experiences in the past i've had to:
1. install Windows XP
2. install a new harddrive
3. install RAM

is there much more to building than this. (i'm sure i'll have no problem making sure things are compatiable and getting them into the right slots in the case) i'm just worried that i'll run into difficulties with formating hard drives and MOBO type stuff.

I'VE NEVER WORKED WITH BIOS either...so i'm sure that's gonna be no help at all for me. thanks guys

It's very easy if you take the time to read some guides on how to do it. Some could probably do it without it, but most guides cover many issues that beginners could easily mess up. So Google some PC building guides and read a bit and then you're ready. You'll probably find it to be surprisingly easy and fun at that. There's not much you have to do with the BIOS. You just go through the lists of options configuring what needs to be configured and change the boot order to CD-ROM so you can install Windows XP.

ok thanks i've already read the guide on here for building and it seemed pretty easy. i'm now reasured that i won't have many problems.

and you guys are more than welcome to add in your own opinions. they'll be very appreciated. i think i'm just being a pxxxy right now. lmao. thanks again

its really easy, but i'm a little chicken so i got my experienced friends to do most of it.. but if i had done it myself i wouldn't have had any problems

The number one rule is if your forcing somthing and its not going STOP

Look at it. Think about it. Read the manual. And Gently Try again.

ex: When I was putting in my RW drive, me being the complete noob, I put the things on the side backwards. and I was jamming it in, and it resulted in a scratched inside of the case:confused:

I then turned them around and it slid right in nice and cozy..

:sigh: I was such an idoit...

Lord AnthraX said:
The number one rule is if your forcing somthing and its not going STOP

Look at it. Think about it. Read the manual. And Gently Try again.

ex: When I was putting in my RW drive, me being the complete noob, I put the things on the side backwards. and I was jamming it in, and it resulted in a scratched inside of the case:confused:

I then turned them around and it slid right in nice and cozy..

:sigh: I was such an idoit...

Nonsense! When I tried to put in my socket 939 Opteron in, it wouldn't fall in place. So I just hit it with the back of my screwdriver and it went right in. If it don't fit, force it, and if it breaks it needed fixing anyway.

Just kidding, of course. I did that thing with the clips once, except with a HDD and in my old Dell several years ago. I couldn't get it in the box, but it was just that Dell put it in backwards so I had to reverse them. I put some scratches in the HDD carriage, but who cares, it's a Dell :p.

^ When I got my first SATA harddrive that I was going to use with my Athlon XP 2200+, I broke the plug off with the cable and that was the end of that, lol. :eek:

Microsoft_Boy said:
dude I have this huge guide sitting around I can mail it to anyone who needs it

fo free

that'd be awesome. i'd really appreciate it but don't worry about it if it's any trouble for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom