Which CPU is better ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I will get it with the 939 !!What which of them is better, the AM2 or the 939 ??

AM2 will give better performance, although a negligible difference, than 939 because it uses DDR2 memory. However, there aren't many good AM2 motherboards out right now. I've heard of many of them having memory compatibility problems and other miscellaneous issues. 939 has many great motherboards which are also cheaper. A couple I recommend are the DFI LanParty or MSI K8N Neo4-F if you decide to go that route. I have no idea what a good AM2 motherboard is yet.

go for the AMD,

(off topic i know) just to ask is the MSI Neo4-F a good Overclocker cause i have Opty 144 coming and i need advice on a good board

Yeah, it has all the options you should need, although nowhere near as many as the DFI LanParty (the best board for overclocking), but it gets the job done. I recently heard of someone's overclock being limited after flashing their BIOS to a newer version, and they could overclock higher after they reverted. That may be why I can't get my Opteron over 2.6, but that's unconfirmed. If you don't want the DFI LanParty, go for the MSI K8N Neo4-F, or possibly one of MSI's more costly versions if they have any additional features you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom