Any easy installation powerful CPU coolers!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a good cpu cooler that clicks simply on to the standard bracket much like the stock amd one. (X2 4200+). This is because my CPU is idling at over 46 degrees C, and this is with 1.2V, (.1V less than stock). And it is starting to worry me, and I would like a simple but effective HSF.

I am very tempted by the new stock one, with the heatpipes, that I could get off of eBay, or I could look for another one. I mainly want a decent simple one, because I cannot spend ages putting on a big *** heatsink mountain of metal, when I just need some simple efficient hsf.

I would like it to be quiet, but the cooling is slightly more important.

Thanks a lot,

Charlie -

Get a Zalman 9500 CNPS.

all it takes is 2 screws and you dont have to remove the motherboard or anything.

Instalation is easy as pie, I have one and my cpu supposedly Idles at 27 C

So the Zalman 9500 doesn't require its own backplate on socket 939 motherboards? Because I know the 7000 does.

the 7000 and the 7700 of the zalmans are so hard to install i would not suggest them to anyone......

quite frankly i believe all the high end heatsinks/fans have their own tricky patent but nothing is not too hard once you get the hang of it

Personaly I Will never recommend a zalman to anyone because last time i handled one it made a sushi out of my finger....... though it was a 7700, the fins here are just as sharp and ready to turn the users hand into thin slices of sushi...... lol

-Jo.

I didn't think the 7000 was all that hard to install, if it wasn't for the fact that my motherboard's (MSI K8N Neo4-F) backplate wasn't glued on, very well might I add. That definetly made it difficult.

Unless the fins are designed differently on the 7700 from the 7000, as long as you're careful you shouldn't have to worry about getting cut. The fins weren't that sharp, at least on the 7000.

Thanks for the advice guys, so, the 9500 is quite easy to install? I thought it was a big beast? and therefore hard to attatch, like the big typhoon?

Thanks again, I'll read some reviews on it, and see what I come up with. The main thing I don't like about the 9500 is that it isn't as quiet as the big typhoon..?! Anyone have any comments on the noise level?

Thanks again,

Charlie -

All ZALMAN coolers come with the speed adust device so you can tone down the noise while still keeping the cooling you want... I have the 7700 and even barely turned down I can't hear it. Put it this way... my raptor makes more noise than my cooler does...

I have a Thermaltake Sonic Tower, which was easy to install.
just attatched the 2 120mm fans, and it took 2 screws on the motherboard to put it on

my CPU maxes out at 28ºC (when at 100% load all the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom