Choose operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartech

In Runtime
Hi, I think you can help me to decide:

I've got "new" computer few days ago. It is pentium 3, 550Mhz; 10Gb hard drive; 196Mb SDRAM; Nvidia Vanta 32Mb video card.
My previous computer wa celeron 433Mhz with 128Mb SDRAM and 16Mb video card. I've recieved this (P3) computer with windows XP on it and it work's very slow and annoying, so I tryed to run Windows 98SE on it' and it works like a dream.

But I think that maybe it will be useful to upgrade to Windows 2000 (or ME). But I don't know if all the things will work correctly on it, and I also don't know if it will run good on my comp. And also, tell me if you can, if it really worth to do this at all.

Maybe you have any ideas about all this stuff.
Thank you anyway.;)

stick with windows 98. It will be buggy but at least it will run quickly. Im not sure if it could handle 2000 well , but definately dont get ME. I would use 98se any day of the week before i used ME. I wouldnt spend your money on 2000 if you already have 98SE and it works.

Whatever you do, DO NOT PUT ME you can try put 2000 and see if it works fine but ME is so buggy DON'T TRY IT EVER.

Money isn't needed for it, I already have Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XPpro discs, so just tell what you think I should install.
By the way maby, if it can help any system to work, I can buy additional 256Mb of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom