installing windows im mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
so i got my computer parts about 2 months ago. i couldnt get it to work. well i take to tigerdirect to get it all running and stuff and it works. it was my ram so i replace it now its booting up and stuff. before i took it it wouldnt even turn on. so im installing windows and it has 2 places it likes to show a stop screen. with win xp 64x it will show it during loading from booting off disk. when i try windows xp pro 32x it will mess up when im copying info. my specs are

mobo c19-a sli
cpu pentium d 805
ram gigaram pc5300
video card 7800gt
hard drive is a sata 3.0 gb/s western digital

not only that but when i am copying the info disk after formatting it always runs into errors where it cant read the disk. with all 3 disks ive tryed xp xp64x and win 2000 pro all of them ran into the cant copy from dirty disk thing. maybe my cd drive? possibly dirty if so how do i clean the lens

To clean your cd drive just buy any lense cleaner. It'll be a cd with some brushes on the bottom. Pop it into the drive and let it run for 10 minutes or so. The brushes will blow away any dust that could be obscuring the lense. You can buy one of those at any electronics store, they generally cost about $10

so i tryed replacing my cd drive to see if that works but when i plugged the other one in my computer wont turn on again. i have a 550 watt psu which should be sufficient im so mad lol

nah i think its the ram again. when the stop screen comes up im guessing its telling me the ram is incompatible still. well i found a section in the manuel that has a page of ram that IS 100% compatible with this moboi never saw the page before. so im selling me oldish newish ram in the buy sell trade section check it out

Do you know why all ram has a lifetime warranty? Because it almost Never ever goes bad, And you have had three bad sets? Is that right? OK

Boot and run memtest.

it never went bad it just wasnt compatible with my mobo. it turns out my mobo was very picky as i read reviews and things like this happen to other people then a mysterious page with compatible ram shows up in theyre manuels like it did for me. they got some corsair or kingmax and it worked. i bought gigaram and it wasnt in the list so i doesnt work for my mobo. and i cant boot because it doesnt even power on or show post. same thing happen to them then they got new ram that works and it all went fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom