Upgrading Graphics Card And Memory/Plz Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
do dvd/rw drives also do the same things as a cd rom drive? like putting games from their cd's to the computer?

Well i'm not going to upgrade it...there is no point all i want to play is guild wars...and the other reason that it's no reason for me to get a gammers computer is that i have dial-up and i'm very limited to games that i get..so now all that i want to get is a graphics card but i need to know whats up with like the Memory Interface: 64 bit.......what does that mean does that mean u have to have a PCI card with a 64 bit because i think mines only 32. Also i looked on HP's website and it says that my graphics card is AGP Interface, what does that mean does it mean i need a AGP graphics card instead of PCI?

Get an AGP videocard its fatser than pci regular. A decent but good agp card will cost you liek $150 unless you want the best AGP videocard out right now (7800GS) for $300.

I dont know if my motherboard is a AGP type of card thats why i asked and also i dont want the best one i just want one thats eaither 128MB or 64MB guild wars minum is ATI Radeon 8500 or NVIDIA GeForce 3 or 4mx series and it recommends ATI Radeon 9000 or NVIDIA GeForce4Ti Series Video cards...well i want one of the recommendeds but i need to know if it will work with my computer and if not how to find out if a card will.

Motherboard-AGP-Slot.jpg

If you don't have an AGP slot, you will have only that one type of slot, the PCI slots. If you have AGP, it will be unaligned with the PCI slots and look a bit differently.

agpslot.jpg

Obviously, this will require you to look inside your case, or open it up and look inside if you're lacking a window. Please turn it off while doing so :p.

?? Any help?? What does it mean when it says Memory Interface 64bit?? And does anyone know of any websites that i can find any kind of websites that tells you what kind of graphics card your computer could use?

Don't worry about the memory interface speed (64bit) that is just the pipe between the video ram and the gpu. So the faster the better. Like NathanM said find out if it is agp, It will propable be a 4x slot but it will still be alot better than any pci card.

Download CPU-Z. Here is a link to it.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php#history

Once you click on it, then click the newest version which is I think 1.35. Then your download will popup. Once you have installed it then open the application and it will look something like this.
ATHLON64-939-OC225-CPUZ-CPU-B.gif

You will see some tabs on the top that say like, CPU, Cache, Mainboard, Memory, etc. Click on the tab that says Mainboard and then look to the bottom where it says Graphic interface then lokk under Version and it shoudl say either agp or pci, or pci-Express. Tell us what it says under that category.

Ok...i opened it up and looked and yes i do have a AGP card...but i'll download that program right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom