Will this make a good gaming rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthunter3

Solid State Member
Well im going to make a budget high preformance pc and i have come up with this:

Intel Pentium D 805- overclocked 2 4.1ghz :D
1gb ram
Water Cooling System
Leadtek Geforce 7300 gt 256mb

Will those basic components make for a fast gaming rig i can run FPS's on at high quality?

well, its not gauranited that proc will get to 4.1, but i spose it would do if ya on a budget, you be better getting amd, also thats a rpetty poor vga, and what water cooling are you getting, waht ram, psu, and, waht games ya gonna play, wont pl,ay things like obliv and bf2 on hight, only low id susspect

No you ur not gonna play games at high fps on high quality. I would get atleast a 6600gt, and to get the CPU to 4.1ghz ur gonna need w/c you have no choice if you want it that high.

I would say it's ok, the GC is a bit low though, what is your budget?

Also, no offence harry, but is that how you always type or is you keyboard ****.

yeah im getting a water cooler, toms hardware got it up to 4.1 with water cooling, but can someone link me to a good graphics card with a decent price but in the uk.

im gonna play games like halo2 pc, halo pc, use win vista, half life 2, and guild wars and WoW.

hey nathan how do u make that thing with ur system specs. ur "sig" i think.

with skillz and photoshop :D

like the other guys have said you are not even close to guaranteed getting 4.1ghz. THG are the bane of my existence after this article because in my opinion it has created a monster in the form of hype. what most people don't realise for starters is that you need a GOOD motherboard to pull off the overclock in the first place.

as for the watercooling don't go for one of the "el cheapo" kits like the bigwater.

for the graphics card you could definitely do better than that. you would be better served by an x1300 for that price range in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom