Internet Explorer question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallace

Baseband Member
WhenI am listening to different radio stations who are using Realplayer/realaudio through internet explorer with it minimized; and when I click a shortcut saved for an entirely different site, the radio minimized site opens on the desk top to load the short cut to the site I choose, cuts off the radio streaming then loads the shortcut site. How do you stop this happening please? The site below is an example for you to see what I mean.
http://www.abc.gov.au/newsradio/
I am sure there is a tip you could give me as this is a most annoying minor happening.
I am using XP/SP2 with Internet Explorer 6.0
Why when I click a shortcut doen't Explorer open a new Window?

thanks

Doesn't work -

Thanks for you post -
Did you try the site I sent to see exactly what happens? This one is hard to explain I know. It could be one of my saved favorites I want to open when listening with the streaming site that is minimized. Immediately I click on any one of my favorites, the streaming URL opens from task bar to the desktop, cuts off the streaming site and loads the chosen URL within the streaming URL. What I am trying to achieve is for my browser to open a new window to load the next choice of URL, not using the already streaming site that I am listening to.
Perhaps this may be explained better than my first post. To see what I mean all you would have to do is use the site included in my first post, click on 'realmediaplayer', let it load, minimize it, then open one of your favorites and you will see what happens....hopefully.
Incidentally it happens whether you click on 'realmediaplayer' or 'windowsmediaplayer' from that site. I am sure you will see what I mean if you access the site given. Thanks for your interest with my queries.
When I right click on any shortcut or favorite saved there is NO option to 'open a new window' sadly. There is an option to open a new window from file/new window, but you have to open IE first.......that seems to me to defeat my purpose

Found the answer -

I have found the answer to my problem myself. It is as follows:

In IE go to:
tools/internetoptions/advanced/browsing/uncheck/disable "reusewindows for launching shortcuts".

I thought it would be something simple, but that certainly auto opens a new brower window when clicking on favorites or shortcuts. So no more loosing my streaming when clicking on a shortcut or favorite - :D

PS. By the way, a related tip that may help you in future is you can launch new windows if you press shift and click on the link, when normally they would open in the same window.

Also you could install the new Beta and have Tabbed Browsing. Or use Opera or Firefox (which has a IE Tab feature) and not even have to use IE which has nothing but problems.

Naw just some ideas. Glad you sorted it out.

URL site problems solved -

Thanks for your interest and post -

No beta for me, nothing but trouble. IE does not give me one bit of trouble so I will stick to it, but thanks all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom