400 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK well i'm probably going to get the hard drive the videocard and find different ram.

edit: for the ram I might just get rid of my 256mb that came with the computer and get 2 sticks of 1GB so I would have 2.5GB.

the system has to address more RAM, and that can be slower. it shows a lot more over 2GB than anything. but that will probabbly change in future.

1GB - 2GB is the optimum to go for

plus, DDR RAM works best in pairs.

I took my computer in yesterday to get upgraded with a 200gb hard drive and as it turns out I have to get a new video card too because when I opened it and dusted it the mobo and video card were all black and I don't know if that's good so I took it to get professional help. amyways I m getting a 200gb hard drive for $120 CAD and I don't know what video card I 'm getting yet.

Yeah ity would mean new CPU, but the Athlon 64 3000+ from wht i've heard is a good budget CPU i wouldn't know this personally, I have an Opteron 144 on the way :D )

If you want to use Vista you might as well do an overhaul of your system cause its becoming outdated (atleast CPU, RAM (if not DDR), video card, and motherboard). If you don't game to much you could go for a 6800XT card but you can get a card with double the performance for about the same price (Geforce 7600GS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom