WnetEnumPasswords Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

wardialer

Solid State Member
I downloaded this file and when I clicked on it this error message popped up:

"The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in the dynamic link library MPR.dll.”

Im running Windows XP-Pro. Now my question is, is the error really coming from the applications end or is it the Operating System that is causing this type of error?

I really hope that this fix is an easy one.

thx

what is it you downloaded. Need specifics, There are different reaosn you can get this erro, but it depends on the program or files you downloaded.

Its called Winpulse2.exe file. It came with its own zip folder.

Now is it the operating system's error or the executable file is corrupted?

Looks like it is a comon issue with winpulse on XP.

there are a few other programs out there that casue this issue to pop up. corel Draw, Some office applications,

In some cases, an incorrect version of the file MAPI32.DLL was installed during the installation of said program. To correct this problem, perform the following steps:
Switch to your X:\I386 directory, where "X" is the location of your Windows source files.

Type the command
EXPAND MAPI32.DL_ C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\MAPI32.DLL

Restart the computer.

try that.

From winpulses web site: http://www.holesoft.com/wp2/index.htm
"Winpulse2 is still beta"
which means, expect errors... :)

what are you planning on using this program for, I am unconvinced of its importance....as compared to the isues at hand.

Ok,

I dont quite get it.

Where do I have to type the command in?

So is the file actually corrupted????

I have WinXP so where would I go to? Is it System32 directory/I386???

Please explain. Sorry about the double replies.

the file MAY be corrupt from the installation of the program.

the I386 folder refers to the folder in which Winxp was installed from. it will either be on your hard drive. default is C:\I386

if not then on the Winxp INstallation CD that came with your computer. In that case it woudl be CD Drive letter:\I386

Like i said it MAY help, it may not...

I did some and alot of Googling on this matter but I cant remember the link.

Its Microsofts Windows library file MPR.DLL, which stands for Multiple Provider Route. One of the undocumented functions of this library is WNetEnumCachedPasswords, which returns passwords. It is dangerous as it sounds in the wrong hands, such as virus writers, and Microsoft long ago patched this library to no longer return this information.

So there, thats hopefully the anwser. Theres not much search results on this matter, but I tried my best.

Looks like theres no fix on this esp. for WinXP.

yeah not too much at all, i was searchign also and came up with vry little.

A large % pointed towards virus issues with XP.

sometimes there just is not enough information....

you can also try reapplying the Service Pack you have running on you desktop. you shoudl be running SP1.

Try this link it should bring you there.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f8-1684-4202-b2d0-c6a43430f12a&DisplayLang=en

if not go to microsoft.com
on the left click downloads.
search for WINxp SP1.

run the program and install the Service pack.
try that first.

So Yes or NO?

Is the file that I downloaded corrupted or not. Meaning is the problem arising from the application files or the Operating System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom