Good deal on computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazol

Beta member
I am not an expert on buying notebook computers (I am used to building desktops), but I found a limited time sale at a store.

They are offering a Compaq Presario Notebook with
-Intel Centrino Mobile Technology M Processor 735 1.7 GHz (400 MHz FSB)
-DVD\CD burner
-512 RAM
-100 GB HD
-15.4" LCD WXGA TFT Display

For $599.99.
Is this a good deal?

why a mac, if only the OS wasnt so **** macs would be really good theres just no compatability fro anything really

I do not like macs anyway because they have low # of ports, low compatibility, expensive, hard to get parts, limited upgradeability...They even look very weird to me and I would get embarrassed to have one.

So anyway to get on topic I need more opinions about this deal.

yeah good deal, macs usually are ahead hardware wise than Pc's but still **** OS maybe...just maaybe a mac with WINDOWS XP FOR MACS installed is ok but mac osx ....thumbs down

snypercore said:
why a mac, if only the OS wasnt so **** macs would be really good theres just no compatability fro anything really
Not true anymore. You wanna run PC programs? There's Boot Camp. Wanna install some hardware? They use USB ports just like everyone else. All the ports on the back are standardized PC ports.

yeah good deal, macs usually are ahead hardware wise than Pc's but still **** OS maybe...just maaybe a mac with WINDOWS XP FOR MACS installed is ok but mac osx ....thumbs down
Have you even tried OS X outside of a school or a store? Didn't think so. Before you go bashing something you know nothing about (compare the kernel structures of OS X and Windows, and the file systems, etc.), do some research and then talk to us.

weather MAC OSX is better than wiondows or not is purely based on opinion, i have used a mac not in great detail but IMO i thought compared to windows it was ...**** you obvioulsy think different, i think maybe mac's have there uses in the design areas but you say you want to install new hardware theres usb ports...means everything has to be external and what about new GFX card's and stuff

You can't upgrade the graphics card on a laptop. Any laptop.

And the modularlized Intel Mac isn't out yet, so we don't know for sure whether or not just any video card will work. As for hard drives, some PCI and PCI-E cards, CD drives, etc. it is a definite yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom