new gaming comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

triXsta

Baseband Member
well ive been using a compaq presario and it is about 3 yeard old and has all stock parts in it except the processor (amd athlon xp 2400+) and it really hasnt been running games very well (not even getting above 70 fps in counterstrike) and my motherboard wont even allow my my processor do operate at normal speed since its a peice of crap so im deciding to make a new affordable computer for my upcoming b day on the 25th.

heres the setup

processor - amd athlon xp 2400+ "thoroughbred"-retail $73 (already have this)

motherboard - ASUS nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "A7N8X" -RETAIL $85

Video Card - ATI RADEON 9600XT Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -RETAIL $173

hdrive - Seagate 80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model ST380011A, OEM $73

ram - Corsair Value Select Dual Kits 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - OEM $119

case - ASPIRE X-Dreamer II Silver ATX Mid-Tower Case with 350W Power Supply, Model "ATXB4KLW-AL/350" $52

cd drives - using from old comp

os - windows xp

All of this with shipping (minus the processor since i already have it) adds up to $519 from newegg.com

what i am really wondering is how this will perform with games such as counterstrike,unreal 2004, battlefield vietnam, call of duty,and future games like WoW

What range do u think my fps will be in a game like unreal 2004?

Is the price and hardware good? Or is there better stuff i could be getting staying in the price range of $600?

Will all of this stuff work with each other once put together?

thx for the help

oh and out of 10 what would u rate this system for games

I would give it a 7 out of 10. I have Battlefield Vietnam and it is a very demanding game but with that system you should encounter no problems.

lets c....

1 being my computer

10 being an ultimate gaming machine

11 being as good as it gets (until next month :p )

I would give it a 6

Aye a better processor would help with overall performance, but if you are going to jump to a better CPU, make sure you jump all the way for at least an XP3000+

That system is almost the same as mine, check my sig to see my specs.

As for my computer, I can run ANY game without loss of performance.........and how you are running CS at less than 70 FPS is really odd.

Here are the games that I play, all of them run PERFECT with everything turned up:
Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Counter-Strike, C&C Generals, C&C Renegade, Day of Defeat, UT 2004 Demo, FarCry Demo(only one that doesnt run perfect), Call of Duty Multiplayer, SOF 2 Multiplayer.

Maybe your harddrive is running out of space?

As big as it may sound , 80 gigs of harddrive isnt really that much if you install alot of games.........

Check this by going to Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, and then clicking "DISK MANAGEMENT". Scroll over, and it should tell you how much Disk Space you have available, and it should show it in a %.

Mine is already down to a low of 64% due to the MASSIVE amount of games I have installed. Looks like it is time for me to do a cleanup soon for myself!

Anyways, good luck on that problem, and I hope you get it fixed!

noooooooooooo the parts that i have posted r the parts i am ordering for my birthday lol...........right now i am on a compaq and thats why my games r running shitty.........good to see that my new setup will be running games good since it is similiar to urs

Ohh!!!

My bad, I should start reading more carefully from now on!!

:D

Yes, your new system should run almost every game EXTREMELY well.

Good luck on building (or ordering) your new computer!! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom