Pink Linux Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's awesome, reminds me of when I painted my case blue. This was back in the day where the only cases available were beige, yes, not even black. I still use that case actually. I ran into quite a few problems, most of which relating to buttons getting stuck after pushing them in due to the expanded side added by the extra coats of paints. Most of the buttons were not that bad, but the reset button was very annoying. Once I press it in, it stays in and reset my computer over and over again. I ended up needed to take them out and sand away the edges to make them smooth again. Kudos to your paintjob though, the paint were uneven on mine, makes it look very ugly from an angle due to uneven reflections.

Okay, I think I've finally got it right.

I painted the top over with the light pink
IMG_1300.jpg

I printed out another template on some card stock and cut it out. Then I stuck it to the top. I actually used a gluestick because I didn't have any double stick tape. It worked pretty well, but if you try it make sure you get any glue residue off of the parts you want the paint to stick to. I went around it after I stuck it down with a damp paper towel.

Okay, so then I sprayed it over with the dark pink again.

Okay, on components, what does everyone think about this?

I have three video cards to choose from, all AGP, none of them fabulous. They were all pulled from systems that were custom built but none were like for gaming or anything so they weren't exactly the top thing out. I am planning on running SUSE Linux, and I am hoping that I could try XGL, but that's a little more graphics intensive.

1 - GeForce2 MX
2 - SiS 6326; I googled it and I think it's like 8mb which seems quite old, but it does have AV and S-Video out
3 - unidentified. I can't find a clue for what this card is, BUT I believe it is from the newest system of the bunch that I pulled vid cards from.

Any suggestions?

i would go with the GF2, without knowing what no3 is.

that case is looking the stuff! congrats :cool:

Okay, I peeled the paper off.

So, here it is
IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

It still needs a little cleanup; there are bits of glue and paper, but I'm going to do that when it's really dry. I'm definitely doing the same process with the side now.

So here I am cutting out a bigger S
IMG_1304.jpg

have you tested the CD drive to make sure it works?
I just painted a CD drive tray (silver to match my case) yesterday, and now it has a bit of difficulty opening and closing
though I did get a new DVD burner yesterday aswell, so I don't really care much for the old drive now

I haven't tried the drive yet.

okay, the S on the side is done.
The lighting on these first couple of photos is a little funny because of the time of day.

My template stuck to the side
IMG_1310.jpg

my template painted over
IMG_1311.jpg

Sticker peeled off

like with the other one, there's still some glue and paper bits and stuff stuck to it, but I'm going to wash it off well tomorrow before I do a top coat.

So, I'd say this is a successful method!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom