Processor Does Not Run at Full Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem solved? I wish, I didn't touch anything. But contrary to what the computer tells me, the speeds are still the same guess I'll play around with the settings some more.

No, I'm really starting to think that its voodo magic. Checking the system screen again right now I'm getting 1.68GHz
sys-screen041104.PNG

Edit - This is my plan, I'm going to leave this alone and stop playing computer games, use the comp as a word processor or even sink to playing MS hearts.

Oh - guess I should elaborate on that further - When I got my athlon 1.3 a couple of years ago - it had onboard video, well, it sucked for games, I'm talking absolutely sucked. When the dem ofor UT2k3 came out is when I figured out "Hey, I need better video" because the screen where it does the whole Nvidia boom boom rargh thing, it wouldn't show anything - it was just a gray blob

well i was at a comp shop yesterday and i checked system on it cuz i was curious wut 2600+ operatin freq. was and it read as 2.13 ghz. I was like err...thats wierd. I checked back on operating freq was 1.9 or 1.91 ( cant rem). Well i dunno bout this vodoo magic but personally never happend to ne of my comps//:rolleyes:

It might have something to do with the CPU temperature when running games. If the CPU temperature rises too high your BIOS might have a fail-safe where it will turn down your multiplier or fsb speed automatically; to lower the temperature and therefore avoid damage to your CPU or motherboard. My BIOS would automatically shut my computer down if the CPU overheats.

That could be the problem - what is your CPU temperature under minimal load and what is it when running games?

i had this problem lol i had a jumper on the RJ5 switch that was in the wrong place i had to move it over and it fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom