Giving a unbuilt PC as a gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCCowboy1

Solid State Member
My brother really wants a PC for gaming, and the rigs out there are ridiculously priced. I've decided to buy spare parts from online, CompUSA, etc. My brother knows how to build computers, however I do not, so I want to give him all the parts. Some of the games he plays include, Nascar Season 2003 and Counter Strike Source. I really don't even know where to start so any help would be very much appreciated. My budget is $1000, with an absolute maximum of $1200, not including the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and other peripherals. Thanks in advance.

AMD x2 3800+
Thermaltake Soprano
MSI K8N Neo4-f
2*1GB of RAM
7900gt
250gb HDD
Antec 550w PSU

^ Sounds good to me.

On another note, I would be glad to accept new computer parts as a gift, it's kind of fun to put computers together. :D

Shop at newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com. And Ridlyns build looks good. I wish someone bought me a gaming computer for my birthday :(

P.S. my birthday is on July 7 if any rich people out there are reading this and want to help the poor :p

NeedAcpu said:
Shop at newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com. And Ridlyns build looks good. I wish someone bought me a gaming computer for my birthday :(

P.S. my birthday is on July 7 if any rich people out there are reading this and want to help the poor :p

You'll have higher odds of being struck by lightning twice in the same spot then having a rich dude buy you a puter!!! ROFL (Unless you make him an offer he can't refuse!! :)

yes, when!? because a month from now you can expect a price drop in all current processors out and the new line being released. So it's a matter of, if your willing to spend current prices on stuff that will be much cheaper soon, or wait, or do you want to buy the new stuff being released (Conroe).

The General said:
I'll buy you one, just tell me what you want. :p

Alright lets see

I'll want the fastest conroe.
2 gb of DDR2 1066 RAM so I can OC to like 25 ghz
2 7950gx2's
Some ultra leet motherboard that's atleast $300.
Umm a liquid nitrogen cooling system.
4 blue ray drives
a X-fi elite sound card
a pair of those $10,000 sennheiser headphones
and a pony

Thhank you for being so kind . :)

NeedAcpu said:
Alright lets see

I'll want the fastest conroe.
2 gb of DDR2 1066 RAM so I can OC to like 25 ghz
2 7950gx2's
Some ultra leet motherboard that's atleast $300.
Umm a liquid nitrogen cooling system.
4 blue ray drives
a X-fi elite sound card
a pair of those $10,000 sennheiser headphones
and a pony

Thhank you for being so kind . :)

You forgot the 40" LCD. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom