Just a general question about power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan611

Baseband Member
I just have a general question about dual power supplies because I just read on these forums that you can't run two power supplies because a power supply must be plugged into the mobo through the 20/24 pin connector in order to power on. If that is true than why have I read about people wanting to put two power supplies in there system or cases like the Silverstone TJ07 (Which I am getting) supporting two power supplies? Is there a way so you can have two power supplies running and only one connected to the mobo? Or does the other power supply that is not connected to the mobo connect to the power supply that is, and then that one is connected to the mobo?

I am just kinda lost, if someone could just inform me that would be great. Thanks.

i dont think it was him who posted that, but cant u use the second powersupply for peripherals? like fans.....or uv lights, or LED lights? and the other parts for the stuff that connects to the mobo.

You can use two power supplies with a simple mod to one of the power supplies.

Basically you need to make one of these:
http://casemodgod.com/mod_test_psu.htm

Read the tutorial. But - you can't just hack away at the wires. You need to do it right and make sure it's neat and done properly.

Then once that's done, you can use that PSU for Fans, lights, Optical Drives... HDD's.. ETC...

The other PSU that is unmodded should be used for CPU, Motherboard, Videocard... ETC...

My bad. Sorry if my post came across as offensive, I just don't like it when people post the same question across multiple sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom