Fans Really Loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microsoft_Boy

Banned
The other day I noticed my fans were getting really loud, not just during bootup or games but continuously loud all the time. This has never happened before. I opened my case and they seem to not be blocked and spinning fine. Should I buy new fans or what can I do.

well i am guessing you are american. given you are in the northern hemisphere and seasons are reversed from what i have i would also guess that it is summer :D. naturally fans will be louder in summer. but if you think it is a serious problem and your temperatures seem abnormally high you probably should go ahead and replace them.

hmm, I don't know I live I san diego I have about the same tempratures as him. But my fans don't get loud.

my house and especially my basement (where my computer is) are really cold from air conditioning already it cant be the air in the room

I have solved this problem before with a through cleaning, of the fan and entire inside of the computer

Microsoft_Boy said:
yea just a little i clean them like every two months

Good habit to have. You probably are noticing the increase in the noise your fans make because you may have some extra loads on your machine than usual. As long as you keep your machine clean and your not getting any heating problems you can a) purchase some newer fans or b) they make this soundproof material they use in car stereo systems that you can also cover the inside of your case in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom