processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually if I were you I might consider getting an AMD Mobile processor so you can overclock it. That way you can spend less money and get better performance.

I would just get the 3000+ although unless you get the 400 mhz fsb, im not sure how much performance you will notice. I know going from the 266 fsb to the 400 fsb will be noticable, but the 400 mhz version will run you over your limit and will most likely require a new mobo. I cant really say there will be an amazing difference between the 2400+ 266 and the 2800+ 333... at least not for 120 dollars :confused:

I would go with the anything from the AMD 2400+ to the 2800+ for that amount of money.

I have the 2600+ and it runs great, just my video card needs upgrading.

Good Luck

Well if you are just looking for a performance increase and do not want to spend a lot of money - then consider a memory upgrade. I can't advise you any further because I don't know your system configuration. But RAM upgrades make a massive difference in games. Also how many start-up programs you have would make a big difference.

I personally only have Norton Antivirus and Firewall 2004 loading up on my system. But other programs like MSN, IRC, ICQ etc wouldn't make a massive difference (unless you have them all loaded at the same time).

Hmm, the performance gains wouldn't be that great, maybe around 5 FPS in games:confused: If you have a crappy GFX card and you want better FPS for gaming, then you'd be better of upgrading the video card:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom