Limited # of time I can activate Microsoft Office 2003 (small business edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit

Solid State Member
I forgot to ask if there was a limited number of times I could activate my Microsoft Office 2003 (small business edition).

You don't need to activate it.

I have Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Enterprise Edition, and it just requires a serial number on the box. No activation needed.

If its OEM, then you can activate it 5 times maximum. Otherwise it's unlimited.

talldude123 said:
You don't need to activate it.

I have Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Enterprise Edition, and it just requires a serial number on the box. No activation needed.

If its OEM, then you can activate it 5 times maximum. Otherwise it's unlimited.

You don't have to activate it, yet you can only activate it 5 times maximum? What?

Unfortunately, being computer illiterate, I've activated it a number of times, perhaps 5, and it is OEM. I guess there's nothing I can do about that until and if I can upgrade it or buy another program. And I paid a lot for it -- $500 Canadian. (The only hardware it came with was a mouse.)

Everything is okay. I was as told by a Microsoft person, who said she checked that information carefully, that as long as I kept my Microsoft Office OEM program on the same hard drive, I could keep reactivating Office forever. But, to be on the safe side, I'll try not to reinstall that program and hopefully will sometime get a newer, retail version -- not OEM -- that bypasses that concern

Vas is das 'vik' please. :)

(What is a vik? asks this somewhat computer-illterate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom