Looking for Cable Mgmt. Tips for my case (Pics Included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenTeaBagger

In Runtime
Looking for Cable Mgmt. Tips for my case ( Brighter Pics Included)

I had just completed building my first computer and the first thing i had done was sleeve the wires and do some cable management. The pics show the arrangement. What I'm looking for is any advice or tips for reducing the overall amount of cables visible in my case. I've already tucked as many wires into the back of the motherboard and other similar crevices. Some may notice that the Harddrive is in a peculiar place. This is due to a particular setup with the motherboard and will be placed in the correct slot afterwards. I won't go into any more details, just see for yourself. If I'm voilating any image size or posting rules please inform me and I'll fix it.

Thanks.
DSC00566.jpg

DSC00568.jpg
DSC00570.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

Put your HD backwords in its proper cages and run the IDE cables behind the 2 cages. if you have to use your imagination and start wiggling them threw holes and crap like i do.

Well done!

looks good. If I am interpreting the orientation of your case/MoBo/CNPS9000 cooler correctly, then your Zalman CPU cooler is 90 degrees off-kilter.

The airflow for the CPU cooler should blow directly toward the rear exhaust so that the airstream is one direction.

I looks as though the CPU cooler is blowing toward the PSU, you may want to verify the accuracy of my observation...

In addition I had a problem with my PSU venting into the case and directly onto the Heatsink. If you feel comfortable with the process and you have the tools you might want to install a blowhole on the top of your case and flip the PSU upside-down so it vents upaward and directly out of the case. When I did this my CPU temp dropped 5C under load.

Again, nice job. I love clean installations!

There used a VERY nice guide at modders hq, but i guess that site is down permanently.

yes you wanna change that zalman so the fan is at the front of case blowing the air through it and out the back

Thanks for all the input guys! I've recieved my geforce 7600 and another DVD drive. The new installations required NEW cable management. On the bottom are pis of the new management and the Rotated Zalman CPU HSF. I've tried to flip the HDD as some of you suggested but the "screwless" attatchment design wont allow it =(. Many , MANY PSU wires have been tucked back behind the motherboard. Also I tihnk I'll ask my father for some help installing that brilliant Blowhole suggestion by Syrillian. Tell me what you think!

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

Thaks again to everyone who replied!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom