DVD Burn Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurph

In Runtime
For the second time, after fixing previously, although I donÂ’t know how, I am experiencing a problem with my Philips DVDRW drive.
I have tried cleaning, and upgraded the firmware successfully.
I am using version 7 of Nero (which I have not yet uninstalled and reinstalled).

It will not burn Philips DVD+R (x16) data DVDs from a 50 spindle, have yet to try a CD or another brand of DVD.

May it be the end of the life of the drive, it has burnt approximately 200 CD/DVDs!!
Do I return to the vendor and get a replacement?
Could it be the media, software or PC?

Again this is costing me time and money trying to resolve, especially ruining new DVDs which keep failing!!

it is probabbly an issue with the laser. you can try a laser cleaning kit, or otherwise you just have to get a new drive. it would cost more to replace the laser than the drive's worth.

thanks guys, already used a cleaning disc, that cleans the laser, right?
I was about to edit post, that estimated time for discs is now ~4mins, and it was always ~8mins, so I will try to write at x8 tonight, where do I change this, sometimes I see and others I don't?

Yes thanks, that seems to be the answer, and probably the same previously.
Why does Nero change this setting occasionally by itself?
This setting is also more hidden in Nero 7 as compared to 6.
Shame about all the coasters!!

Ah but, I did another disk, and after manually changing write speed to 8x (how do you set Nero to default to this?), it failed, but with a different error message.
I shutdown PC and rebooted, started Nero 7 again, it only showed write speeds of 2.4x,2x & 1x! This occurs sometimes after starting Nero, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom