Wireless VGA extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1junkie

In Runtime
Mornin'
I'm working on some plans for a LCD/DLP projector setup in a classroom, the idea is that we would have a projector permenantly fixed to the ceiling with a wireless laptop that the teacher could use to display what they are doing on the screen. What I need is a box that will wirelessly extend my VGA and sound cables up to the partner box. I've found similar items such as a wireless KVM extender, but nothing that would be more suitable for this task. I would prefer this box to be somewhat mobile.

Thanks,
-T1

That could get probely get the job done, but im looking for something more mobile.

something that could potentially hang onto the back of the laptop

smaller then that and i think your pushing your luck. just use some double sided tape and slap it on the back of the laptop lol. but if i see one around ill let ya know.

Ahh alright, thats pretty cool. if you get it and rememberd, let me know how the video looks, ive never actually seen it.

I did this for my school.

It is impossible to find an exact vga transmitter because the bandwidth would be extremely high.

The ways its usually done is by adhoc and X data is transmitted through the air. This is less visible on a windows machine, but x vector data is being transmitted.....

If you play a movie...for example....it will play slow and look like crap...

My school had a big white wall in the computer room. Then we had a projector, connected to the 'main computer'. When the teacher wanted to show us some useless garbage, they just flipped on the projector and it was on the wall for everyone to see.

Oh, don't look at the projector..it's very bright. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom