new to building computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

envy.

Solid State Member
hi, well obviously im new to building computers so dont flame please. :)

I'm wondering if I should use a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard or a DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR. At first, I would have chosen the ASUS but I've read many reviews that the ASUS has lack of space with PCI slots and is crowded. For example, if you run two vid. cards in SLI, you might not have enough room for a soundcard.

Parts I will be using with the motherboard:
-AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
-CORSAIR XMS 2GB(2x 1gb)
-Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
-Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB
-BFG Tech BFGR78256GTXOC Geforce 7800GTX OC Overclocked (maybe another for SLI in the future when the price drops but one will be more than enough for now)
-Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL ATX 12V (V2.2) 600W PSU

The main thing I'm thinking about is space and if it will fit on the mobo. (I'm waiting til after I build my computer to see if I will need more cooling...but it seems like I will) Other opinions are always appreciated :)

im also using a Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS case

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I think I decided to get the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe cause it supports Athlon X2 and take a chance on the space of PCI Slots.
I'll upgrade the processor to a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2000MHz Dual Core. I might get a eVGA 256-P2-N569-SG Geforce 7900GT Video card..its out of stock right now so we'll see what happens.

Can I get some opinions and feedback before I make my final decision. Thanks :)

oh and jw..will my setup be able to handle cod2 and bf2 fairly well? i believe it will but just want to make sure..ive been running a 650MHz processor, 127mb ram, and intel3 for the past 6 years and been playing cs 1.6 at 20 fps...so i just want to make sure i get a fairly good setup for a new comp..

i cant wait til i can throw this comp out of the window =/

HOLY MOLY, thats worse then my old comp envy!! LMAO, you will see such a difference, you'll drop to the floor dude, I too ran cs at like 30fps, and with this system, smooth constant 100fps in like 10 smokes, you'll play so much better, not even funny. That system will kick some major a$$. have fun brotha!

where do you live envy?

don't get 7800gtx. the 7900gt is cheaper and performs pretty much the same.

if i were you, i'd get a dual-core cpu, and not get the sound card.. you can always upgrade later in the future if you're not satisfied with the on-board stuff.. you'd get a lot more performance from a dual-core processor than a single core + sound card.

I'd have to agree with aliasaid on this one, onboard sound isnt too bad, and can be easily upgraded, id go with a dual core cpu.

We have very similiar systems alias lol, I just checked on newegg.. the 3200+ is 98 bucks now! wtf! i bought it when it was like 140ish-160! lol

aliasaid said:
where do you live envy?

don't get 7800gtx. the 7900gt is cheaper and performs pretty much the same.

if i were you, i'd get a dual-core cpu, and not get the sound card.. you can always upgrade later in the future if you're not satisfied with the on-board stuff.. you'd get a lot more performance from a dual-core processor than a single core + sound card.

I live in California.
Honestly, I'm afraid of the 7900. I've read so many reviews where the video card artifacts, dies, or etc.
At first I was going to get the XFX PV-T71G-UDE7 GeForce 7900 GT EXTREME but once I read the reviews from newegg..I never want to try purchasing a 7900.

And about the dual core processor..I'll look into it =]
Can I get more responses to whether what motherboard I should get? :D

Lol don't listen to that bs about the 7900gt. Just get an evga 7900gt and the chances of something bad happening to it is like 0.001% :D seriously getting the 7800gtx is just a dumb choice. Don't always go by reviews at newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom