Bought New Pioneer DVD burner, now software won't let me burn copywrited DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

quiXilver

Beta member
So I've been making backup copies of my dvd's with my old crappy TDK dvd burner with DVD shrink no problem. I get this new Pioneer DVD burner and now it says that it cannot burn the disk because it's copywrite protected. I'm doing everything the same, same software, same type dvd's, just the dvd drive changed. Is there a way around it? Or do I have to get a different drive?

Thanks.

Never seen this before....you have to decrypt everthing before you back it up....im not sure how this did it that way...

Anyways....i have a pioneer 110 and there is no problem...

Ok. I got it to work. I just downloaded the new version of DVD shrink. It has a built-in decrypter. But the burner still only burns at 4x when it's capable of 16x. My computer is almost 4 years old but it's still a 2ghz p4...it was pretty good back in the day.

Is there something else hardware wise I need to burn faster? Like a different IDE cable etc.?

just incase you ask... it has 768mb of pc800rambus

Thanks for the help!

I use 1Click DVD copy and DVD4Free which bypasses Sony's new bad sector encrytion. Glad to hear DVDshrink is now up to breaking the new encoding and copy protection....I'll download the latest version and give it a shot!!

Shumway said:
As nitestick said it's your disk's that you are using,You can only burn as fast as the disk it's self allow's ;)

You know what's funny...after all my years in computers, I never even thought about that. :mad:

I bought these disks that are all white for direct disc printing, so it doesn't say the speed, and my other maxell's don't say the speed either cause I threw the wrapper away already. lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom