Installing Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

justadummy

Baseband Member
I have an HP 761 with an onboard video. I want to install a better card in the AGP slot. I have an AMD XP2000 chip. How difficult is it to install this new card. I have heard horror stories about disabling the onboard for the AGP. Can you recommend a cost effective card. My kid likes to play Medal of Honor and the likes. Thanks!

As for installing it i got no clue how hard it is. But...as for the vid card. Your best bet is an ati 9600 xt. Its a really good card. If u wana step it up a notch, then go to ati 9800 pro.

First, check if the BIOS setup has an option to disable the onboard graphics (check your manual on how to get in).

If not, the onboard graphics adapter can be easily disabled in Windows's Device Manager (Control Panel > System > Hardware on NT/2000/XP and System > Device Manager on Win9x/ME).

After you have done so, shut down, install the new graphics card, plug the monitor into the new card, and install the drivers for the card, and reboot.

The ATI Radeon 9600, 9600 Pro or XT will suffice in this case; more emphasis on the Pro due to dropping prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom