Recommendation on Mobo and CPU Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnselk

Baseband Member
Would this be a decent mobo and cpu for a first time builder?

I plan to use this computer in conjunction with the ADS Tech Pyro A/V hardware and Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 software to download and burns disks of family movies from VHS and 8mm tapes.

"Asus A8V Via Socket 939 ATX Motherboard and an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.20GHz OEM Processor"

Appreciate your input.

How much do you have to spend?

A dual core will be much better for video editing and they will become very cheap in a month.

I don't want to go real high (I'm too conservative for that), but I want to try to stay up with some of the better systems.

I have the time to wait if it's happening that soon....why do you say in a month?

I like to wait for the "deals".....again, too frugile too try to keep up with you big leaguers.

Any mid class "cases" (ATX) and "motherboards" that you would recommend?

P.S. I've already decided against the mobo in my first post.

I've noticed that your CPu is an OEM version the problem with them is that they don't have any fan and include only one year warranty. On the other hand retail versions comes with a factory fan tested by the manufacturer and a 3-year warranty. Also, their prices differences goes from 5 to about $20. It's worth it.

I forgot there's a new AMD socket it's called AMDII and besides socket 939 supports DDRII and thats the new memory DDR is getting old school. Usually AMDII skt CPU are cheaper than 939 xkt because the're on introductory prices. I'm thinking on buying one of my own and I'll buy an Athlon x2(Dual-Core) it's worth the price.

if u need a 939 pin asus a8n5x, ill sell for 60 its brand new never been opened just im me at fpsm4st4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom