450W Enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw, you don't need a new one. That 450 watt Antec can defianately power your system.

Just look at my grandpas comp. He has a dell with one of the newer pentium 4's, a couple hard drives, 1gb of RAM, a 6800gt, and a couple of disc drives. All of that is running with the stock dell 350 watt psu.

Okay, thanks, I'll definitely try my current PSU for now and see how it is goes. I would just buy a better one, but I don't have the money right now considering I just upgraded. Well, I lied, I have the money, but I also need new goalie gear (ice hockey).

the 450 is cutting it close. If you plan to overclock anything and mess around a bit than I would go with a 500 or 550 if you have the funds

I have 1gb ram, 200gig HD, amd 3500 (2.2ghz) geforce 6800 256mb, 1 optical drive. I have this running on an antec 400watt PS it is working great, but if I were to SLI or go w/ another gig of ram I would need a bigger PS right??

It would be a "good" idea, yes.

Remember, it is always better to have More wattage/amps then Required then it is to have less wattage/amps then required.

Then. :p

)W!LL!AM-CR0WN( said:
the 450 is cutting it close. If you plan to overclock anything and mess around a bit than I would go with a 500 or 550 if you have the funds

450 watts is in no way cutting it close. 450 watts can run that thing comfortably. Many people are becoming obsessed with high wattage power supplies which isn't a bad thing :p But realisticly a good 350 watt power supply could run that comp. It's just recomended that you get a PSU with higher wattage for stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom